Destiny and parkinsons

Hello I think I am hitting the delete key, situated above the return key, so its probably my fault either way I am seething just now so will try later with posts only 15 words long.

fed

I can understand perfectly.  My favourite trick is hitting the shift key (just below the return) and wondering why I'm not on the next line down!  We'll wait patiently for your next essay.

J

Hello 

Parky versus Fed, what a battle, if it was possible to create such a head to head right at this moment I would fail as BLACKHEART has his fearsome sidekick Depression backing  him up and its his job to all but eliminate my resolve and will to fight , so my only safety lies , especially at this time of night in sleep, or so you would assume, but unfortunately this is not the case , sleeping is a mine field for me with only a  5 to 7% chance or less of restfull peacefull  slumber, last night demons which made the Alien , you know the creature that bleeds acid, look like one of the telly tubbies, forced their way into my unconcious world, I assumed the role of defender, and using a multi barreled mini gun began to slaughter the hideous hoards they were dying by the thousands as the AP and HE mix of high velocity shells slammed into their exoskeletons, blowing them to pieces, I was screaming a mixture of fear terror anger  plus a hefty dose of adrenalin pumped through my veins, suddenly the only means of  protecting myself and my family fell silent, its 700 rounds expelled, they that survived began to close,and reach out, " then I was suddenly awake soaked in perspiration my wife trying to calm me , I lay for  about one hour afraid to sleep, then as the sun climbed above the treeline I slipped back into unconciousness . Two hours later I was fine Duodopa working  well and I was 95% normal but still warey and  watchfull just in case, so 1 parky   1 fed, then it starts all over again tonight, I hope I prevail .

FED

I hope you sleep peacefully, too.  Yesterday I helped to facilitate a meeting of medical staff, experienced pwp, and newly diagnosed patients.  Even some of those newbies, not yet on medication, were already suffering disrupted sleep and nightmares.  I have only had the "vivid dreams" mentioned in lists of PD symptoms; I dread the nightmares to come.  There doesn't seem to be an effective way of preventing them -- at least I have not heard of any such success.

Good wishes for sound slumber!      J

big grin

Good morning J

I am pleased to say I had a reasonably decent nights sleep last night, though I did find myself searching for bodies in the Ukraine where that 777 was shot down. As for preventing the dreams occuring I have had some relief  using  CBT while sleeping, I know that sounds strange but if the dream is comparitively benign I talk to the individuals manfestations `whatever they may be, explaining  that if they decide to give me grief I will simply wake myself up and leave them to it,  CBT comes in usefull when awake also the Psychologist who taught me this tecnique Dr Mc Gregor I should say was a true expert in his profession and helped me through a bad time in my life, from my own experiences J I was encountering terrible dreams  even before I was diagnosed with PD, some two years before but once I started the medication they accelerated out of control and it has taken me 10 yrs to actually deal with them both awake and while sleeping, but you can  master the worst dreams by recognizing the fact that you are dreaming and using your own minds defences or even the fight or flight technique while in a deep sleep sometimes converting what could be terrifying into  a fun situation, tweaking the dragons tail if you like for you have seen he cannot react quick enough to bite you, I dont know if that makes sense to you J  I suppose all I am saying is there are ways of dealing with  night terrors dreams and frightening hallucinations, the key is to work at your own pace while dreaming tell the monsters or horrible people about to attack you to hold, for instance  " hang on hang on im reading Feds notes"  I will deal with you shortly, you may even find when they hear you mention my name they will all agree its pointless trying to haunt your dream OH BU,,,R SHE KNOWS FED"  and will pay you no mind.

I know it sounds completely bonkers J but drawing from past exchanges I know you  have the capacity to develop your defences you are strong and a thinker so go to it  Lady.

coolFEDbig grin

I've had vivid dreams/nightmares for  2 or maybe 3 years

They are quite violent,my GF often tells me i am shouting in my sleep,although she doesn't know what i'm shouting about, and  sometimes  I wake at a certain point, It is often the same dream over and over, I used too see that act of violence during the day too,I had only too close my eyes and it would be there waiting, I became quite concerned of it always being there and i tried too concern myself with occupying my mind too anything but it.

it is not as frequent as it used too be but i know that demon is still lurking in the back of my mind.

I've had vivid dreams for most of my life thankfully not nightmares but quite unsettling , in my late teens I got into meditation and also learnt a Native American technique called lucid dreaming . Where you visualise your dream as you settle for sleep and that let's you control the dream and realise you are in a dream state that's made in your mind not in an external one.

Iv had some very unusual adventures using this technique and hope that by using it I can avoid the nightmares others have suffered through pd and the meds associated with it,

I don't knows if the lucid dream technique could be applied by someone who has night terrors but it might be worth looking into,

Live well.  Cc

Thanks to all three of you for sharing your experience with unconsciousness and its creations.  It is encouraging for me to know your successful techniques in advance of developing this problem.

And, fed, I am actually becoming convinced that you are right:  I'm a stronger person than I have ever before believed.  Somehow, I manage to absorb the shocks and adapt to the turns of fate as they come along.  But I cannot explain how, so I give myself no credit for ingenuity or courage.  It  just happens!   Regarding sleep, I have always been able to "program" my mind to wake me up at a certain hour.  Maybe that is a good sign that I'll be able to control (when I need to) my unpleasant dreams or nightmares.

Glad to hear you passed a fairly good night, fed.  I slept only a few hours, because I was up early to walk the dog before attending a Tai Chi class in the park this morning, Saturday.  We're enjoying beautiful sunny weather without excessive heat, for a change.

Best regards to all ----- J

Good Morning J

I think you will get the hang of the Feds guide to the destruction of demons and night terrors you are well capable, strong willed and you call a spade a spade and I admire that, the   CBT  technique  I use while in deep sleep is also well wiithin your guidelines for the control and extreme annoyance of BLACKHEART  we will never be able to annihilate the evil that stalks our lives, not yet anyway,I think they will find a cure for parky, but when will they find a cure for the human race. The destruction of Malaysian Boeing 777   flight  MH17, WELL WHAT CAN  YOU SAY.

I will  contact you later rearding sleep and dreams.

May you have peace and happiness always

Your friend   FEDcool

Good Morning again J

Sorry about the break in the last post, we have a great friend staying with us, she comes over from her home in Spain every year to see her Mum ,despite the fact that her Mother has  dementia and doesnt have a clue who Marion is, she is in a home for the bewildered in Anglesey Wales,and has been very ill for over 10 yrs, Marion is dedicated to her and arrives at  Newcastle Airport, in  Northumberland UK  on  or around the15 July ,she stays with us for 8 to 10 days visiting all her friends and relatives in the North East of which there are many, and that was why I had to shorten the last post ,two of her buddies turned up to take her for Sunday Lunch ,,,,which was nicebig grin   After her stay with us  she then goes to her Brothers in Wales, he does not really make her feel wellcome nor does his wife, Marion has no idea why they behave in such a offhand way and if you knew her J you wouldnt understand either, you would travel many miles to find a more loyal decent honest person, this is the same lady who tried to alert a elderly gentleman that he had dropped his wallet on the platform at Newport Railway Station, she was on her train but that did not stop her from  disembarking picking up the old guys wallet and pulling  her heavy luggage ran after him and returned it  meanwhile her train to Anglesey was leaving so she had a two hour wait for the next one, she did not mind that but the man whos wallet contained credit cards and she estimated at least £200  , oh  and he wasnt so old either , he couldnt even give her the common courtesy of  a thankyou, she missed her train for this man and you would think he would be greatfull J   this is the way folks are these days.  Sorry about that I got slightly off track there,  PUN intended,  getting back to sleep problems I think if you watch a nice movie,  The Bridges of Madison County. or A Straight Storey before you go to bed,puts you in the right frame of mind, I watch footage taken by me of Airshows wot eye have beanat,, sorry I alwayas ave 2B silly but you have to try a little humour J I would be  lost without it.

Take the greatest of care my friend and I would value any feedback on my sleep advice , I am now going to press send and as if by magic  within seconds you will recieve my words, here goes    J               54321

And the magic worked!  To me, the internet really seems magical.  My grandchildren's generation is growing up with it and will always take high tech for granted, but you and I remember the telegraph and rotary dial telephones!  In fact, I earned money for college by working as a "long distance telephone operator."  Then there were still parts of the U.S. from which a switchboard operator had to place all long distance calls.  But enough reminiscing -- it just reminds me how old I'm getting.

Never say you're sorry for silly humour.  It's a wonderful gift wot you've got there!  No telling how many people you've cheered up with your occasional forays into the land of silliness.

So far my sleep patterns are good.  I do something relaxing (a movie, some reading), then usually fall asleep quite easily.  Although I no longer sleep eight or nine hours without waking (those were the days!), when I do wake up, I can get back to sleep quickly.  But I know that as PD advances, this situation will probably change greatly.  Having PD is kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop, isn't it?  I have been so lucky in extended stability that I'm always wondering what my next phase will be.  Meanwhile, I'm travelling as much as I can, because I know my years of normal mobility are limited.  Besides, travel can be hard work, and there will come a time when I simply don't want to bother with it.  Within the coming year I have trips planned to Eastern Canada, Walt Disney World (for the inner child, who loves all the wild rides), Belgium and the Netherlands, and England.  The English visit will be a garden tour in Oxfordshire.

Best regards, as always,

J

Yep I agree j humour is a great gift and you Fed are blessed with it in spade fulls you seldom fail to make me smile.  :-) and frequently laugh out loud much to my oh amusement ......so you make two people laugh without even trying ,no humour is silly in our condition as being able to laugh stopes us from crying , I always check out your posts even if they're not relevant to me yet as I don't want to miss out on you wit and wisdom.

So keep smiling n live well.  Cc

coolconfusedbig grineye roll

Me my Bro a bloke who lives up the street and my  Beloved, you will notice she is rolling her eyes that why my Brother is confused, we have freqent who can be the silliest competitions  and he always wins apart from the times I win, you see where this is going dont you, believe me you dont want to get involved, bear in mind he is 71 and I am 64 in September, I will give you a small insight into our silliness, He rang me one  Friday in October 96 and asked if I fancied a run out,you should know he lives just outside Oxford, in a typical Oxford willage notice when I am triering my nawmal eggsalant spillong and punctureduation gows awry , and I live in Northumberland, or Northumbria to any Wikings reeeding this,I replied " aye ware duyu want t gan tee wor kid", to witch hee answeres" a wont t gan t JOHNNY GROATS, " well that would have been a little awkward as he was banged up in Strangeways,, now HMP Manchester, for attempted murder, and rubbery, he wont be released  this side of 2018 as hes a rangun, my brother was irritated by this error I had made  " NO MAN, JOHNOGROTS YI FOOL JOHNOGROTES  SCOTLAND" "  oh that johnny grotes,"  well owt for a day off wark so   I  agrees to go to johnny grote,a very very silly decision I did not realise how far grotes is or was its over 400mls from my house and my plonker bro said if you come down on the train we will set of from here, I told him he was coming north anyway so he could pickme up" OH  RIGHT OF COURSE"      SO he did and we went, oh man wota jurknee  , we arrived in darkness, checked in at the adams family hotel and brought mayhem to this peacful comimunity, but thats another storey,

ps words spelt for effect                                            OFF TO BED NOW             FED

Hi all

I agree with CC your posts Fed usually make me smile no matter which thread i am following at the time.  I am sorry you have been sleeping badly and having nightmares Fed but you always seem to bounce back.

I find the news about the Malaysian Plane Crash very disturbing.

Bye for now

Wye

Hello Wye

Thank you  for your kind words, there are times when parky is giving me a kicking it actually  starts me laughing, for innstance whats so hilarious about planing the skin off my knees while crawling to  the bathroom at 4am, or staggering into the edge of a door and cutting my forehead,or the most serious of late falling down some stairs and escaping without a scratch, lots of bruises but no scratches, I have at least three or 4 Inn  Sid Dents a day now and I yam tring 2 save themup, so eye kan view later.

I wish 4u awl happy  (soory wye itss the pilse UNO)

If you are reading this well its far to late you should be in peaceful sleep

Which is where Im off to  Night Night, or  morning  morning as the case may be

Your friend Fed