Diagnosis help

Hi everyone, I hope you are well. My sister in law has been diagnosed with parkinsons but I’m not sure if it’s the right diagnosis and I don’t know who to talk to.
She was admitted to a psychiatric ward last year with depression caused by health anxiety. She was put on diazipam and sentraline and that’s when her “parkinsons” symptoms started. They started with her not being able to pick her feet up when walking and progressed very quickly once she had been discharged from hospital. She is now in a wheelchair. since her parkinsons diagnosis she has been put on medication (I don’t know what) her symptoms have slightly improved but I don’t know how much improvement we should expect.
I’m sorry if this doesn’t make much sense but I’m struggling to process the information myself. I would really appreciate any advice given x

Hi @Elizabeth7,

A very warm welcome to the community! I’m sure our members will be here shortly to share their thoughts and experiences with you. As overwhelming and confusing as this all might be right now, you are not alone.

We have a lot of great material available on our website that may help explain some things to you or provide some clarity, including What is Parkinson’s?, Newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s, and Support for family and friends.

Our helpline and Parkinson’s local advisers are also here to support you and answer any questions you may have. You can reach out by dialing 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Joy

Forum Moderation Team