Diet , Supplements, exercise and PD progression

Hello

I am 46 yr old diagnostic with PD feb 2019 , having symptoms for 1 year before .

After the shock of the diagnostic I read a lot about trials and experiences of people living with PD and how exercice / supplements and diet could improve their life .

I would like to share with you my experience and please let me knows about yours .

I am gluten free, I reduce the intake of sugar ,dairy food and alcohol.

I take symprove and the following supplements : B12, Omega 3, E, D , Mg , Se, q10, NaD+ and NAC 1000mg per day

I exercice 2-3 hours per day ( treadmill , Pilate , stretching, yoga) and I walk .

I take 1mg Rasagiline per day

I am still working half time .
My symptoms ( mild tremor in my leg occasionally happens and rigidly and slowness in my left side ) still the same.

I am feeling even better from the date of the diagnostic.

I donno if the diet , the exercises and the supplements could really slow the progression or that is normal and PD disease is already low progression.

Please let me know your own experiences

Thank you and good luck for your journey

1 Like

Hello

One more thing , I have an insomnia problem since years , it is better now but I am still suffering from this symptoms.
Some nights i can t stay asleep all the night it cause me to wake up for 2hours - 3hours
Any suggestions, supplement which could help ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
It is good that you are taking much time in exercise and making dietary changes.

PD basically is the lack of dopamine in the brain. Supplements that had helped my mum is Mucuna Pruriens, Vit B6 - as the drugs decreases this and we need to have it, 5HTP is a precursor to seritonin. 5HTP May help with your sleep.

Best of luck

Hello

Thank u , I will try it :wink:

And good luck for your Mum.

Christiane

Hi Christiane

Sorry to hear about your sleep problems. Have you tried taking Melatonin 2mg Modified release tablets or even stronger. Well worth discussing with your PD Consultant or Nurse. It works for me.

Good luck

Keith

Hello

Thank you.

I start cicardin 2mg this week

Hope it will work .

For how long did u take it ?

Good luck to you too in your journey.

Kind Regards , Christiane

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am 66, diagnosed nearly 2 years ago. I also take Symprove. I started a couple of months ago and it does seem to be helping. The only other supplement I take is a Vitamin D. I take 5 Madopar a day, but I’m thinking of cutting down because the only symptom I’m suffering at the moment is mild dyskinesia, which is actually a side-effect of the Madopar.

Since I was diagnosed, physiotherapy and exercise has done wonders for me, even though I am not nearly as active as you are. I go for a half hour walk each day. I swim once a week. I go to an exercise class and a movement to music class and I try to do a few of the PD Warrior exercises every day. I’ve recently started bicycling again.

Hello Jane

Nice to hear you , thanks for your reply.

Personally I think Symprove and NAC have a good returns for me , I feel better more active , my muscles are less rigid and stiff .

Good luck in your journey with PD,cycling is good too , courage .

Best of luck, Christiane