Difficulty getting up out of bed

Johnny I made mistakes with rise and recline chair, he doesnt like it because its not comfortable and the controls are complicated and he got stuck in it so that was one grand down the drain.

The the electric bed pushes you in the wrong place so that was about £500 mistake but I use it and find it great but tis very soft.

the o t did give us a little platform for him to stand on to make him a bit taller before he sits on the bed for me to lift his legs in, this is useful

I dont understand what these other gadgets are can anyone suggest something that will help you into and out of bed when u got the parky probs and cannot see either? I read about the rope and might try that.at the mo he sits on the bed and i swing his legs in for him if he cant do it, as we all know it all depends on energy. and getting out I roll him onto his side , push his ankles off the bed so they are hanging in mid air, then he puts a hand on the mattress, I get hold of his shoulder blade and we go 1,2,3,UP!! This works 8 times out of 10. when he cant do it him self. lots lvo Sunray
hello Sunray . It sounds as if we are paddling in the same boat .. Fortunately for me my husband isn't a very tall man but at the same time it isn't easy atall is it lol in fact if he were taller and his legs longer he would find it easier to get off our high bed .. .. The other morning he had to wait for me to downstairs make a cup of tea and get myself going by warming up a wheat bag and puting it against my back ..lol He was still there when I went back ..lol

Hi Has anyone had the good fortune to have an electric bed leg lift. I know they are expensive but at what cost  to my back as I try to help my husband get in and out of bed. He has to go to the loo 4/5 times during the night which makes things even worse. A leg lift seems to be the only answer as we already own a adjustable bed and have satin sheets and a grab rail but still he is struggling badly.

Also has anyone tried the spoon from America which helps people with tremer to eat. It all sounds extreme but if they would work for him it would be well woth the cost.

Best Wishes to all Juliet

Hi Everyone

Has anyone heard of a electric leg lift and has anyone got or tried one. Also has anyone tried the spoon from America for tremor

My husband is very weak and cannot pull himself in and out of bed. We have an electric bed it does not help at all.

Best Wishes Juliet