Difficulty posting

To the Forum Moderators

I have just spent a considerable length of time composing a reply to a post on here, only to find that it disappeared when I clicked on "preview". It then said that I wasn't logged in, although I was still showing as logged in under "Latest activity". This happened twice, and quite frankly I haven't got the time or the inclination to type it all again for a 3rd time!

Does the forum automatically log you out if you take too long writing a post? If so, how stupid is that on a forum for people with PD??! A lot of us are a bit slow at typing. It goes with the territory!

In future, I will write any long posts in a Word document first, then copy and paste it on to here, but I would appreciate it if someone could let me know what the time limit is before we get logged out for being too slow.

I've probably taken too long writing this post too, so this will probably disappear as soon as I click on "preview" or "send"!

Let's see.....

Kathy :angry:
Well, apparently I was quick enough that time!

Still not happy though. :disappointed:

I await your comments.

Kathy
Yep. Happened to me today for the first time ever with a relatively short post. So I suspect gremlin on website.
hi kathy
i too have had trouble posting usually at least once a session:imp:then i had a:bulb:most unusual for me anyway this is what i did i arrowed back to the log in and logged in then arrowed to the post and a presto it was still there hope this works for you just don't try to copy war and peace just in case it dos'ent work :laughing::wink: right see if this goes through
Hi Jeanine + Ian S.

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad it's not just me who this happens to!

I note that there is no reply from the moderator,though. But I suppose it is the weekend, so maybe I'll give them a couple more days.

Ian S - In the meantime, I'll try what you suggested about clicking "back". But I'll still copy and past my posts into a Word document, just in case!

Thanks for the tip.

Kathy :smile:
Dear all,

Thank you for alerting us to this problem.
We're asking web services to look into this to see if it can be resolved. Please bear with us for a little while longer while we investigate.

Best regards,
Hi Kathy

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. Last week we made some changes to extend the period of time before someone is automatically logged out of the forum once the system thinks they are inactive. This is set to 2 hours as we understand that it can take time when you are putting together a post.

I know there can be differences between how individual browsers/systems determine that someone is 'inactive' on a website. But if you regularly find yourself logged out within a shorter time frame please email us at [email protected] and let us know the details.

I agree strongly with the advice of other forum users who suggest copying the text of longer posts into a Word document as a backup in case you are timed out or something else affects your browsing. It reduces frustration - and I do this myself regularly.

Best, Liz
Web Manager