Disabled rail card

I am in receipt of Attendance Allowance, lower rate. I currently have a Senior Rail Card that runs out in November.

Does anyone know if I can renew this as a Disabled Rail Card?

Margs

Yes you can I’m not to sure as I have not renewed mine £25 think last 1yr gives 25% off so well worth it if use trains alot

Just give rail company ring

With a Senior Citizens Railcard you get a third off travel. I paid £70 for a three year card and it runs out in November.

I am not sure but I think the benefit of a Disabled Rail Card is a person that travels with you gets a third off too.

I will check when mine comes up for renewal.

Yes that is correct, the person travelling with the card holder also gets 1/3 off and there are no time restrictions on its use. There is no minimum fare or restrictions like that which can be an issue for other card holders in some areas. Last time I renewed it was £20 for one year and £54 for three, but check as the rates may have changed.

If you contact disabled persons rail card they will accept Parkinson’s as a disability all you need is to contact them and then send or email proof of positive diagnoise which I used a letter from my neurologist to myself & GP following an appointment took about 2 weeks from contacting them to get my DPRC.

Here is the email I got confirming eligibility please feel free to share

Hi John,

Thanks for your email about eligibility.

I’m pleased to confirm that you’d qualify, and all that you’d need to provide as your proof when applying would be a letter from your GP or Consultant that confirms you have Parkinsons.

I hope this helps and have a Merry Christmas.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind regards,

Kim
DPRC Email Team

Many thanks for all your replies.