Disappearing members

As soon as I logged in this morning I went into "Latest Activity" and scrolled to the bottom to check my name had appeared on the list of "Logged-in members", which it had.

This is important, as it's the only way my friends can know I'm here.

After about 90 minutes of reading posts, replying to some and adding a few more I checked the list again, but my name was no longer there! In the intervening period I had been constantly typing, submitting and posting, so it can't be a case of the system logging me off after (say) an hour's non-use, which would be understandable.

At some point during that time my name had disappeared from the list, so anyone looking to see who was about would have been unaware of my presence. The system still allowed me to continue posting, though, oblivious to the problem.

Presumably we can deduce from this that people's names are dropping off the list all the time, and that looking at the list at all is a pointless exercise, since 90% of those currently using the forum may appear to have logged off?
I use my crystal ball to search out my friends:wink::rolling_eyes:
:rolling_eyes:

I've just dropped off the list again, but I'm still using the system!

The only resolution is to log back in again.
And again.

Log off, log back in again.....
hello old friends,

I am back to visit.....hoping we get the chance to chat now and again...I still log on at late hours....still in the USA....

I hope you are both doing ok. Had note that Radar47 was ill the other nite....and I'm still gathering info about the UK, for a future visit, Ray....

hope to see you both on the social network...........nonnameme.:laughing:
AND AGAIN.

(sorry about the diversion)
MODERATORS:

COULD YOU PLEASE PASS THIS BUG TO YOUR NICE TECHIE LADY TO RESOLVE?

AND WISH HER A MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR ME?

AND BUY HER A MAGNUM OF KRUG 1996?

THANKS!

xxx

:grin:
Hi Ray

Thanks for drawing this to our attention.

The current forum platform is starting to get close to the end of its life, so we probably will not be able to get it fixed. However this has been added to our list of requirements for the new forum, and hopefully we should all be able to see more accuarate information about who is on line before too long.
Tip-toeing through the tulips:rolling_eyes:
Tiny Tim, 1968
Hi Ray,
This is not a recent problem.This has been happening since at least January 2010.I noticed it back then and had many a conversation on the forum with people supposedly not there,whilst not being there myself either.
Some people may argue that the last part is a constant,but it is just trivial in a life full of much more important issues.Going to look now to see if I'm here.Yes,I think I am,but again that,s debatable.
Titan
No you're not! I just aw you on the other side of town! Or did I? :grin:
Well I disappeared for about 2 years! And now I'm back again...:question: