I’m sorry to hear you’re all having issues. If my below comments don’t help with your specific issues, please answer these questions and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Web Team will look into the issue with you further:
• What type of device you were using to access the forum, e.g. pc/apple mac/notebook/tablet/ipad/smartphone etc.
• Which browser, and browser version you are using
• When the issue occurs, eg after hitting the 'Post' button/after editing a post, while typing, which buttons you pressed, etc.
• Did the issue occur after a period of inactivity, or on a particularly long post?
Betty Blue - I can tell you’re really upset, I’m sorry that your posts keep disappearing. I know this is something that a number of people have had issues with. I really need more details from you to try and detect why this is happening (see above questions). Without those details, I can offer you the below general information about disappearing posts:
• Make sure you don’t accidentally double click on the ‘post’ button.
• The backspace button activating when your cursor is not active within the text area - read comment #3 – and Internet Explorer being difficult.
• Write your responses in a saved word document and paste them into the comment box. Here's instructions about copying and pasting text into forum posts.
• Using Emoji emoticon characters.
Rosewall and Cheshire Cat, in regards to the post notifications, I’m not sure I completely understand where you’re running into issues:
When you’re in ‘My Account’ (link at the top of the page), if someone has posted in any post that you have commented in, you should have notifications in ‘Our forum’ (on the right sideshows notifications), ‘My latest discussions’ (across the bottom of the page) and then click on ‘See all my discussions’ (bottom right) -
This ‘See all my discussions’ brings you to a list of all the threads/posts that you have commented on, shows if they have been ‘updated’ and indicates if there is a ‘new’ post in any topic that you have posted in, and if you click on the date under the ‘Last post’ column will bring you directly to that.
Rosewall – you should have received a notification in both ‘Our Forum’ and ‘My latest discussions’ that I have commented on the post you created called ‘Disappearing posts in my discussions’. Let me know if this is not happening.
Cheshire Cat - when you are trying to post something and get brought to the Parkinson’s UK Twitter page, had you previously been on the Twitter page in that browser? What internet browser are you using?
I wonder if the problem could be something to do with the backspace button activating when your cursor is not active within the text area - read comment #3.
In regards to your other comment about your own new posts showing up in your account, the system is designed that way so that when you create a post it’s going to show up – the second image above shows that the ‘Test’ post I created is listed in my thread of my ‘Recent posts’.
If these descriptions don’t help please do email email@example.com with answers to the questions listed at the top of this post, and if it's about the notifications, perhaps you could also reference where within this description/screen shots your issue is happening?
Hope this helps.