Dispatches - The Great Benefits Row tonight on Channel 4

Hi all,

Tonight's Dispatches look at Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and how well it's working. This will be on Channel 4 at 8pm and will be available online to watch afterwards here

Please do remember if you need any advice about PIP or other benefits our Helpline advisers can help. Call free on 0808 800 0303 (Opening times: Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm) 

Thanks,

Joanne 

Hi Joanne

I watched the programme and found it quite disturbing. As an existing claimant of DLA, I have yet to be assessed for PIP. It was daunting the first time around when I received an 'indefinite' award of DLA. Now, I think my anxiety levels will erupt at the thought of the assessment process to come. If all the DWP's assessors are as corrupt as Mr. Barham, I don't hold out much hope of a successful claim!

At one time, I was quite apt at form filling but those days are lonnnnnng gawnnnn! 

At least IDS has disappeared from the scene of his countless crimes against the disabled!

Poker eek

Is there a way of watching it without being 'recruited' by channel 4??, it says register or sign in with facebook/twitter account, but having pressed that u still need too 'register'. I don't fancy yet another org with my details/footprint.

Anyone who has PIP or ESA forms to fill in  do not do it yourself ask a support worker to help you.

Billy

Hi Sea Angler, 

I think to watch channel 4 online you need to register. Do you have on demand services at home? You may be able to watch this via catch up on your TV directly. 

Hope you manage to watch it, it created a lot of debate online.