Dizziness

Hello … I am new to the forum. I am my Husband’s carer and he was diagnosed about two years ago with Parkinson’s and Dementia with lewy bodies.
He has this constant feeling of dizziness … He says it feels as if he is just coming out of an anaesthetic.
Has anybody else experienced this please.
Thank you.

Hi Debs2,
I’m going to say something that sounds totally crazy, but I know it works occasionally.
I too went through a period when I was dizzy for some time, but just ignored it hoping it would sort itself out.
I was in my neuros’ offices one day and as I walked down the passage I sort of bumped into one of the walls.
He asked me what the problem was.
He then made me lie face up on a ‘bed’ and shook my head with his hands from side to side a few times.
I told him he was nuts but amazingly I did not feel dizzy when I stood.
Apparently the little hairs in your inner ear that help with balance sometimes get ‘twisted’ and that ‘straightens’ them.
I have done it on a few people I know, and about 70% of the time it works.
Try that, what have you got to lose?

Hello CliveV,

Thank you so much for your reply.
My husband has had the Epley maneuver several times, is this the same thing? It didn’t work.
We have found out in the last couple of days that his vitamin D levels are low so this may be the cause … Here’s hoping.
Glad you sorted yours.

Hi Deb2,

It is similar, however unlike the Epley maneuver this involved turning my head from side to side fast about 3 to4 times

Hi CliveV … Well if the vit. D pills don’t take away the dizziness we will give it a go.
Thank you.