Do tiredness and heat fefect Parkinsons

Due to a long drive to visit my daughter and her new baby I didnt get to bed until 1.30am, then it was very hot the next day.

I am newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s and usually my symptoms, except for tiredness and weakness, are not too bad.

Today I could hardly function and nearly passed out a couple of times.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Do I need to discuss with my nurse?

Hi @Margs,

It sounds like you’ve had a quite an eventful few days which may have contributed to your tiredness. However, people who are newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s are just as likely to experience fatigue as those who have had the condition for some time. In fact, it may be one of the earliest symptoms you have so what you’ve been experiencing is not uncommon.

With that being said, if you felt like you were about to pass out then you should definitely speak to your Parkinson’s nurse about this so that he/she can look into this. Please don’t forget that our helpline service is also here to help to, so feel free do give us a call on 0808 800 0303 to speak to one of advisers.

Hope this helps and please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thank you Reah. It has been a very busy few days visiting my new granddaughter and playing with my toddler granddaughter. I suppose I need to except that I can’t be as hand on as I would like.

I find it quite scary when I feel I might sway about, or fall over. I havn’t met my Parkinson’s nurse yet but I am writing a list of things to discuss when we meet at the end of the month.

Thanks again.

Hi @Margs,

No problem at all. It was great that you got to spend time with your granddaughter but I appreciate how scary it must feel when you don’t feel in control of your body.

I know you’re seeing a Parkinson’s nurse at the end, but if you’d like to hear from one sooner, you should definitely give our helpline a call. We can arrange for a Parkinson’s nurse to call you back within 24 hours.

Have a lovely weekend.

Best wishes,
Reah