Does dance help with Parkinson's symptoms?

Hi all!

Yes, I'm still here; or rather, elsewhere. I have moved from Chelmsford to Ipswich so have been living with all that entails. anyway, computer all set up, Homeless grandson with ADHD has got the job he's always dreamed of (airport baggage handling) which exhausts him sufficiently to sleep when he's home and not succumb to the perils of ADHD and Autism that plagued his childhood, so he's back home for the time being (he had been living with me). Ipswich is great with lots going on and ..wait for it ... a new English National Ballet is setting up a class each week after Christmas! It was nothing to do with me; talks had been going on with Dance East in whose studios the classes will be held. Wednesday afternoons from 3.00pm. So if you live anywhere nearby come along. As for me; you can imagine ..I am thrilled not to have a weekly 2 hour journey to Kensington (London has been becoming more of a challenge recently) Dance East is within walking or bussing distance and, although I will miss my London friends, I am sure to make some new ones. Unsurprisingly the stress of everything has left its mark. I am hoping to do some research on swallowing and respiritory problems (I believe lots of us get admitted for chest infections). It seems to me that lots of people do not appreciate the importance of oral hygiene, particularly at night, and the power of an electric toothbrush. Anyone got any info on this aspect of our symptoms?

Difficulty swallowing pills? Use a straw and carbonated water.

Good wishes to everyone,

Chrissie.

Hello,

If you are still interested, you can find ballroom dance classes in London here: Ballroom classes in London

I hope I have helped at least a little bit. 

I am almost daily  mystified ny the number of  research projects  that start from square one on a topic already widely investigated.  A one off Google search under "Tango and Parkinsons" has just, as I knew it would,   fetched up 20 sites, detailing research into the subject. Some or even several of  these  will of course overlap - I haven't tried to  to cross ref.  , To me this seems to imply a colossal waste of time and energy  npt to mention funds which have been  collected by charitable endeavour.   I am not referring to anecdotal evidence but other research projects working independently of each other..  I am probably targetting the wrong peoplel in this instance and apologise if this so.... Editing time running out.  Best wishes with your studies. ....