Dps

HI all.

I'm not new just don't land here asoften as  I should.

I live  in the south west of our country and have been diagnosed for the past 14 years  I was  fitted with my first deep brain stimulator at Frenchay hospital in Bristol (now demolished).about 10 years ago.

I still get depression but,it's mostly under control,

At the top of my list at the moment is, I think  to do with the brain stimulator. My latest model has the unit with battery inside my chest cavity and has an external charger .My wife fits the unit 4 to 5 times a week. There is nothing messy about this procedure as it is balanced around my neck.

For all that is good for me there is that side effect that keeps you on your toes (or not in my case.)

The first side effect is the blank look and the quick change of topic.

For the past 4 to 5 years I have had a noise in both ears (not the wife}.It sounds like running gas through a small pipe.For the past 18 months this has slowly turned into surges which are about a second long and repeat themselves for 2 to 3 seconds..Not long I know but enough to make me think seriously about returning my driving license.

If you have a similar problem or know someone who has,please contact me

Hello

Sorry,  I can't help with your questions, but I live in the south west too. Where are you? 

S

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We live in Torquay.

To be precise,we are in Babbacombe overlooking Lyme bay.

I am John and my wife is Janet.

Hi John

i am just up the road (or the M5) in Taunton.

Have you been back for tweaks to your DBS or seen your neurologist about this? 

S