Dragon software

I have recently bought Dragon software and I'm using it to type this today. So clever.

Does have some glitches though every time I say the word 'back'. it sends me to the previous page uses what I've done.

I was trying to reply to Wifits post and after two attempts I gave up trying as his post was about pain in his back (have to type that word).

I have to do a lot of word processing in my job so I'm hoping this will really help as I find hard to type . These days.

Wfit if you are reading this sorry about your b a c k and hope you feel better soon.
Hi Caroline :grin: yes I use dragon version 11 - to say it has it's good days and bad days is a minor understatement! Some days it is such a diva that I switch it off and revert as now to one finger left hand typing:laughing: It sometimes randomly interacts with other programmes and opens video files half way through a document or e-mail and sometimes I have to reset my voice profile because it can't cope well with speech changes caused by PD on the plus side it understands every word when I swear at it:laughing:
Yes!!! I use Dragon too and I love it.

My dexterity varies through the day and I use Dragon when its bad. At othertimes (like now) I can type reasonably normally. I use Dragon version 11.5 Home and version 11.5 professional for work.

There are loads of little tips that will help you and I have found it invaluable to chat with other users to compare notes.

Your 'back' problem is a common one but easy to work round.

--one------------
A command has to be the first word in an utterance. If you speak slowly it is more likely to interpret each word as a command.
Saying

'i have a sore back today'

without pausing is likely to be better than saying

---two-----------
if you paused and the next word you want to say is 'back' then try saying

back
back

and it should get the picture

---three---------
If all else fails use the modes. In 'normal' mode Dragon tries to work out if your utterances are commands or part of your text. You can put it into 'command' mode to force it to recognise all as commands, 'dictation' mode if its all text or 'normal' mode. you can force the modes by saying 'dictation mode on' etc.
alternatively you can do it with the mouse.

there is yet another way using the shift key and ctrl key to indicate individual words as text or command.
-------------------------------------

The life of the dragon tamer is full of this kind of stuff. As BJS says it can be temperamental but its worth it. I love it! love it! love it!
I understand it might be harder if Dr Parkinson damages your speech as well as your dexterity but for a least some of us the Dragon is Magic

ELEGANT FOWL

<9><7><5>
Lets try that again.
tip one had some extra spaces that got suppressed by the forum software

--one------------
A command has to be the first word in an utterance. If you speak slowly it is more likely to interpret each word as a command.
Saying

without pausing is likely to be better than saying

'ihaveasorebacktoday'

------------------------

It also helps to speak in sentences and use punctuation. Its tempting to slow down and pause when Dragon is making mistakes but its better to press on & maintain normal rate

If you do that Dragon can use the context of words to help the recognition process

EF