Dreaded constipation!

Hi Sheila 

i doubt tabby is not drinking enough alcohol  ,  tennents lager makes me sleepy for a wee while then I get a second wind . Hope you had good family time at the week end my May Day was spent cutting grass not so bad sit on mower saves my useless legs , roll on 17 May till I see neuro  if he doesn't help I'll be on the wine to is your Meds working well these days ? 

You look a bit sleepy there in your wee bed night night tabby 

Hello Ian,

Glad the Orange Juice with added pulp works out for you,the Prunes if you don't care for them can be replaced with dates of figs. One of the best treatments for PD related constipation one of our Drs. tells us is just drinking copious amounts of good old water.

Good wishes from NYC!

Mike

After the glorious experience of having an enema I was prescribed Laxido and Senna. When I take the Laxido I feel nauseous the next day. I have had an ileostomy as well as having Parkinson's so I was wondering whether the Laxido is not ideal for me. Has anyone else had nausea after using Laxido?

Laxido has a really high salt content (compared with Movicol) and it made me feel sick the few times I tried it. I was quite glad it didn't have any effect so I could give it up. The thought of having to take it every day indefinitely was quite scary.

I still swear by Chia seeds. Just a teaspoonful on cereals every day, or mixed in with some soup at lunchtime. Put them in anything really and hey presto, no more constipation!

I suffer with constipation and once a month I go for colonic irrigation,which works for me. My consultant was quite relaxed about it when I told him. I also take 4 docusate sodium tablets a day. I also have a bio bidet, which was very expensive but it really helps. My constipation is caused by my lack of ability to get the muscles working properly. I think that is due to the severe joint pain that I have had, which prevented me from doing enough exercise. This went on for nearly a year whilst they were sorting my medication out. It's a real pain.