Drinking coffee before and after meds

Hello everyone,can anyone give me any advice please?

I take co-careldopa 12.5mg/50mg tabs 3 times a day 1hr before food and wait 1hr till i eat again but i drink loads of tea and coffee, will drinking the tea and coffee have any effect on how my meds work?

The whole cycle of not eating before and after is driving me nuts because i normally eat constantly.

I'm feeling my life is so messed up with this bloody disease, i want my old life back.

Protein is the problem.  You could experiment eating some low protein food, like a banana for example, and taking note of your body's response.  PD involves some experimentation.  

With regard to tea and coffee, I add milk.  However I think my medication works slightly better if I drink black tea or black coffee.  The trouble is, I don't like black tea or black coffee! 8-)

Peter.

Hi wullie,

Although tea and coffee won't stop medication from working, too much caffeine can make tremor worse, if this is something you experience? It could be worth substituting some of the hot drinks for water or other drinks to keep hydrated?

I'm really sorry to hear that you're finding things difficult at the moment, please do remember we're here if you want to talk to someone or find more support - we're on 0808 800 0303.

Take care,

Joanne