Drivers licence renewal

I am currently trying to renew my drivers licence on Gov.uk…site. It is directing me to Verify uk site. As it is requesting a lot of personal info I want to ask…How safe is this site? Anyone with personal experience?

I do mine through DVLA, my current renewal started last December and is still ongoing !! If you’re not happy with the web site come off it and phone DVLA and have all your relevant paper work to hand.

Les

I think I went through the Verify website when I started the application process last February. I was nervous about doing it because it seemed odd that a government agency would take you to a third party site. It seems a process that’s wide open to fraud and identity theft. But so far nothing bad has happened. But it seems safer to follow Cruisecontrollers advice.

I finally got a reply from the DVLA a couple of weeks ago asking me to send in my current license so expect a long wait.

You will probably have sorted this by now but here’s a link that tells you about gov.uk verify:

You have to use this security measure to access government services online including driving licence renewal as far as I understand it.

J😎

At @Tom192 you are right to be cautious. However in this case it is fine and I can backup what @Jackson has said. I renewed mine a few weeks ago and went through that process. I installed an app called digidentity and used it to verify my passport etc.

Thanks for reply. I am now three months down the line in my application. Got an initial reply saying they need to contact consultant. Which is fair enough. However 3 months have passed. Nothing since. How have you fared.
Tom192

Just found my paperwork. Got a letter in Aug 2021 saying they (DVLA) have written to my consultant and that was several months after I initiated the process. I got my medical review licence in Jan 2022. So yes the whole process takes months.

Thank you

Some people have been waiting in excess of TWO YEARS to get their licences back. To be perfectly frank DVLA is something of a joke at the moment with staff, “Working From Home”. There was an article in the National Press about them in the past week.

Les

Insurance company informed of my condition .
DVLA docs sent plus report from my Doctor.
I’m now driving as usual until I hear otherwise from them.
Thank you all for your advice.
Kind regards
Tony

2 Likes

At last!
I’ve found a group that cares for my situation.
This forum gave me sympathy and nothing else.
So disappointing.
A face to face cup of coffee with advice and friendship was all I asked.
Now I’ve found it … without you.
What a shame.
Tony