Duodopa pump

Hi out there,

I'm 59 and was diagnosed almost 16 years ago. The last few years I have been particularly plagued by falls, dyskinesias and on and off freezing. I've lost count of the number of times I've held the traffic up crossing the road! I have just heard that I have been spproved for funding for a Duodopa pump-I'm so happy to have bee given this opportunity, although I appreciate the treatment might not work for me. I would love to hear from anyone who has experience of this form of treatment, tips,how helpful it was, the pitfalls,problems etc.
Hope there's someone out there who can help.

germander
Hi Germander
I have just come on stream to-day and have seen your message. I am somewhat in the same situation as I have been advised by my neuro that the pump is the way to go. I am 72 years of age and have PD since 2004. I was quite good up until April 2011 when I had to have an operation on a burst varicose vein, after that the Parkinsons advanced at a fast rate. I take medication 10 times daily and have "on" and "offs" that last around 90mins each. My ons are good but the offs are very bad. This leaves me almost unable to walk. My decision time regarding the pump has come and like yourself I wish to know would anyone out there throw some light on the subject. Disappointed to see you got no replies.

Magpie9
I wonder if that's because not many people have had the opportunity to use it .

It's something I have wondered about with my husband but have no knowledge of