DVLA Medical tomorrow

I can feeel my BP rise. It means so much to me to have my driving licence and now it might be taken away. I won't be able to go and look after my poor old Dad, I won't be able to do the chores like shopping and I woill have to sell my old Mercedes classic.

I think I'm fine behind the wheel. I haven't had an incident for 20 years (touch wood) and I have never felt out of control. I have no 'sleep storms' and, if I feel not up to driving, I don't do it.

I'm pretty fed up.

I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

Chris
Hi Chris,
I felt like you 12 months ago and when you have had your first medical you will see Its not that bad In fact I don't know why they call It a medical as Its mainly a question and answer session.Mine was done by my GP is that where you are going?
Chris
good luck
let us know how it goes
EF
I wish you all the best Chris for tomorrow.

Unfortunately the DVLA only see black or white, not that you won't drive when you don't feel able to..................yes or no is their only option.They don't credit anyone with common sense.
:sunglasses:
Hello Spam 95, I will be thinking of you the DVLA is not the easiest place to
deal with, I have crossed swords with them many times, but I am going to have to deal with them though as I also intend to regain my driving licence, but good luck SPAM 99 all on the forum wish you well.
FEDEX:grin::grin::grin::grin::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
best of luck....mercedes classic :grin:with envy
Well, that wasn't too bad. It was done by my own GP who is one of the kindest men around and he simply asked me a few questions and ticked a few boxes.Maybe this was because he has known me for 20+ years and knows that I'm not an idiot.

He did a few vision checks and talked to me about the shaking I get with the damn Parkinsons, but, really , it wasn't that bad.

He has sent the documents back to the DVLA and I'll just see what happens in the post.

Thank you all for your support. PM me if you want more details.
Hi Spam95 . Hope everything goes ok for you . I've just given my licence up volentaraly . It was the hardest of decisions but I could tell my reactions were slowing and I could not live with myself if I did anything to harm anyone just because I would not heed the signs . I miss all aspects of driving but I.m happy that I've made the right decision .
Good luck with the DVLA