Dyskinesia

Hi I’m Gary I’m new to this sort of thing. My dad has Parkinson’s he was diagnosed 12 years ago. He has coped remarkably well considering. He had a bout of depression which seemed to lift after a couple of months. He has recently given up driving because of the dyskinesia and not feeling as confident in the car. I was very proud of him for making such a hard decision. He seems to be coping very well without the car and using the bus and asking the family for lifts which is good. We just can not get on top of the dyskinesia. He has just been prescribed entacapone three times a day but this has made it worse. I can see my parents becoming house bound feeling unsafe to go out and leaving one at home alone. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi R05ie,

We just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to our forum community. Dyskinesia is an oft-discussed topic here, and we’re sure you’ll hear from our members soon. Just so you’re aware, you can find loads of information on the website. This may be a good start: Dyskinesia and wearing off | Parkinson's UK. We would encourage you to use the search bar to find more information at your leisure. We also have a free and confidential helpline, on 0808 800 0303, staffed with wonderful advisors who can assist with medication issues, help you find resources in your area, and just lend an ear when you need one.

We hope these tools will help you and your dad .

Please accept our warmest welcome,

Jason
Forum Moderator

1 Like