Dysphagia medication

Diagnosed with Parkinsons on my 89th birthday last month and now waiting brain scan. In past year have had 2 unsuccessful surgical procedures for pharyngeal pouch by ENT and being unable to digest solid foods am on a liquid diet of supplement drinks and soups - losing 3stones in weight.
I cannot swallow pills like paracetamol and ibuprofen for aches and pains so am concerned about the
type of medication neurology say I will need to take. I wonder if any member has this combination
of conditions - I’d love to hear how they cope. Brief history - heart stents and pace maker installed
in the past 2 years.

Hi Trixilator,
We just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the Forum. Hopefully our friendly and helpful community will have some insight into this specific set of conditions, but at the least they will make you feel welcome. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 0808 800 0303 for a free and confidential chat with an adviser, and have a search through our website whenever you like. You’ll find an abundance of useful information there, from articles on research to archived Forum threads pertaining to specific situations.
All the best,
Jason
Moderation Team

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and what you are going through at the moment. As you have problems to swallow tablets there is different forms of parkinsons medications available like dispersable tablets , suspensions , oral solutions , gels , patches etc. Just needs to explain about your swallowing problems toyour neurologist when he is considering to start you on medications. I hope you are already aware about paracetamol and ibuprofen are available in liquid forms. Hope this helps to reduce your worry. Be strong and stay positive. Take care.
TJ