Dysphagia

Hello a little advice needed. Dad has an increasing cough and choking gurgle linked to dysphagia. He has been prescribed Glycopyrronium Bromide which seems to help but gives him stomach troubles including chronic constipation. Has anyone tried any alternatives? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi seagyp5y,

One of our other forum members might have some experience with this and will be happy to offer their support.

However, if not, someone from the Parkinson’s UK moderation team will respond to you as soon as possible. If the situation is urgent, please feel free to get in touch with our helpline service on 0808 800 0303 to speak to one of our Parkinson’s UK advisers.

Best wishes,

Ilona.

Thank you Ilona. Much appreciated

Hi @seagyp5y,

I hope all is well.

We actually have information on dysphagia on the Parkinson’s UK website which you may find useful. However, if your Dad has been experiencing chronic constipation due to his medication, I would advise that you contact his GP and have them look into this.

Additionally, you can contact our helpline on 0808 800 0303 to speak to one of our advisers for more help and support on this.

I hope you find this information useful and do let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help you.

Many thanks,
Reah

Many thanks.