Dystonia DBS battery replacement

Hi All
I’m new to this forum and would appreciate advice/experience of anyone has gone /going through the below.
My wife has Dystonia and had the DBS implant back in 2015, she experienced a big improvement in her condition after a time if adjustment to find the right voltages. The battery needed replacing a few weeks ago and was replaced by a new rechargeable one.
Everything went well and after a week or so we had got into the routine if recharging each night.
About 3 days ago I noticed that some of the problems that were under control after the DBS have begun to show again, most notably neck/ head tremors. It started off in short spells then seemed to improve but on Saturday and Sunday (today) it has been continuous all day.
Obviously we are very worried that there is some sort of problem. The actual device seem to be charging fine and is showing no signs of fault. The only thing I can think of is that the wires were possibly damaged in the change.
Has anyone been through a battery change and experienced anything like this?
My wife wants to leave it for a few days to see if it settles down but I am not so optimistic?
If the connecting wire is damaged I’m assuming that this is something that cannot be repaired and my wife will be left with the condition for the rest of her life. It would be devastating if it is this as her life has gotten so much better in the last 2 years.
Maybe i’m being too negative.
I want her to go to the hospital to get it checked out.
Any advice / experience would be grateful

Thanks

Hi @JoeC,

A warm welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear that your wife has started notice problems with her DBS implant. I’m sure you’ll receive some comments from some of our members, however in the meantime, I think your wife should keep a diary of all the symptoms and should raise these concerns with her GP or Parkinson’s nurse. as the battery should be able to last for 3-5 years.

If you need more support and advice on this, please feel free and confidential to give our helpline on 0808 800 0303 Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm, or you can email [email protected]. Please note that our helpline is closed from 5-7pm every weekday this week.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Joe what happened in the end with your wife all good I hope