Effects of slower cognition speed

I keep a daily log on how PD has progressed. Also the log gives the doctor a clear picture of changes of old symptoms plus new one that start.
Cognition slowing. When it comes to speed my posts have suffered. To post takes so long that my train of thought is lost before I finish an intended sentence. I never was a good speller. But since parkies made a home in my head spelling is much worse. The slowness causes so much attention on each task it takes to compose and type my thoughts. When read by others I know they must feel my IQ is quit low.
With being said when it comes to cognition.
How and what was effected first that you noticed changed with your thinking. And what have you done to help improve the deficit.
I learn from others. These forums no matter where you are from we are alike. Thanks Tom

Hi Tom, Just thought I would resurrect your original posting.
It will remind me to respond when I have a little more time, Night Night.

Mal.

malcT
When they tested my cognition one of the problems at that time was lack of sleep. Even if you hit the sack and sleep 6 hours the actual time slept might only be 4 hours.
(REM Sleep Disorder) No treatment at that time,night using the loo, aches and pain, cramps)

My first cognitive test went quit badly. Much slower with more memory recall errors. Putting the sequence of an even in the correct order suffered. Also temper had a very short fuse.

My second cognitive test went better once on meds for Rem, Parkinson’s medicine started and stopping fluid intake earlier before bed.

The second test still had shown slowed cognition speed. The tester picked up some difficulty keeping focus to task.

malcT it will be helpful to hear about how your cognition has progressed in time. I hope others will reply. If anyone chimes in it would also be helpful to hear what they have done to compensate for cognitive difficulty. Thanks

Hi Tom,
I was pleased to be able to resurrect your thread. and can only conclude the possible reason for the poor response initially perhaps, was one of terminology
Most of us would have had a short assessment from our GP, however, you seem to have had a full screening.
The only time I personally had any in-depth Cognitive testing was during my Management training many years ago. Therefore I have nothing to measure myself against I only know we would make a good team.!!
I will keep in touch and update you on my exercise sessions.

Mal.