Employment law - fixed term contract

Hi advice needed or advice on where to get advice!!

I work for the NHS and am on the redeployment register. I have worked for the NHS for 15 years and do not want to stop. I am currently on a substantial permanent contract.
I have been placed on the redeployment register. I am looking for a job or shortly I shall be dismissed on the grounds of capacity. I am applying for a fixed term post and wonder if anyone knows if i am about to make a big mistake. I understand that a fixed term contract has the same rights as a permanent employee, so for my understanding, there should be o difference. Any thoughts? I have had union advice which I am happy about, but need to check if anyone has experience etc.

Forest

Hi Forest,

Thank you for your comment. We’re confident that one of our forum members will offer their support and advice in response to your query. However, if not, someone from the Parkinson’s UK moderation team will respond to you as soon as possible. If the situation is urgent, please do not hesitate to contact our helpline service on 0808 800 0303 to speak to a Parkinson’s UK adviser.

Best wishes,
Edwina
Moderation Team

Hi @forest,

I hope all is well.

You mentioned that you’ve already had advice from the union which is great, however, it might be worth checking out our Work and Parkinson’s page on the Parkinson’s UK website. It has a lot of information including useful contacts of organisations that provide advice for employees affected by Parkinson’s as well as information to help you make informed decisions about your working life.

As suggested by one of our moderators, please feel free to contact our helpline service on 0808 800 0303 and speak to one of advisers about your situation in more detail.

I hope you find the information above useful.

Best wishes,
Reah