Entacapone

Hi
I’ve been started on entocapone as was wearing off before each dose …but started on 1 tabletwith morning dose for 4 days then slowly increase to taking it 3 times a day , I haven’t got past that due to nausea lasting all day ,fuzzy head ,and bouts of low blood pressure. And didn’t particularly feel any better in regards to on versus off .I spoke with nurse who suggested decreasing other 2 doses of sinemet …I’m reluctant to try as I was unable to function on it .consultant had given me choice of this or go to sinemet 4 times a day instead of 3 and that is what I’ve done and been ok on it .

Has anyone else had experience of feeling awful on entacapone ? Is it something that settles with time ?
Jan

Hi @jan4,

I’m really sorry to hear that you haven’t had the best experience with Entacapone. It sounds to me like you may be having side effects to your medication and if that’s the case, I would encourage you to listen to the nurse’s advice and reduce your Sinemet intake. For more support on this, please don’t forget to give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303. Our advisers have extensive knowledge on medication related to Parkinson’s, so do feel free to ask them any questions regarding your situation.

Hopefully you’ll hear from some other members soon, however, I hope you find the information above useful in the interim.

Best wishes,
Reah

Thanks for reply I will phone I think tomorrow for advice as I was having side effects today on the sinemet 2 4 holy in that my blood pressure was high , couldn’t stay still and my voice was affected …so I assume this was too much dopamine … I’m v confused about what I should be doing which is first time in 5 years…
So for tomorrow I’ll go back to 2,1,2 of sinemet and let myself settle again
Jan