ESA Blog

I was awarded IB and DLA in 2003, DLA was awarded indefinitely. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1999 and was ill for a few years before that. Over the course of these 14 years I have got worse. I have a motobility car. I worked from 1968 until 2001, 33years, I paid my pension and National Insurance. When I first started working the future was bright, education was free, dentists were free, glasses were cheap, there were many houses built there was a large manufacturing sector in the economy, everyone could get a job, many left school without any qualifications but still got a job. I don't recall anyone that I was in school with being unemployed.

Everything has turned to shit. According to the Government:
if you are unemployed you must be lazy or a scrounger
if you are over 65 you can still work
if you can not afford the rent your house is too big
if you need help by the state (that you have paid money in to) you are a scrounger
if you are ill, through no fault of your own, and ask for help you are a scrounger
If you are disabled and have some fun you are a scrounger.

However

If you gamble with our money in the financial markets you get a bonus or a salary of a million pound plus.
If you believe in Capitalism and the free market why run to the state for a handout.
Gas, Water, Electricity, BT and the Railways were sold off too cheaply to the rich.
The Railways are subsidized more now.
The Royal Bank of Scotland will be sold back to the rich at a share price lower than it cost the state to buy.
If the poor lose their job they get very little.
Yet the rich get a bonus if they can sack some workers.

I doubt that the rich will apply for ESA or have to answer a load of pointless questions to get their handouts.

My application ESA50 was posted on 27th Feb 2013. I will let you know any progress
Nicely put, Bunny, but way too late. We are doomed.
It's simple! To make the rich work harder, pay them more (eg bankers.)
To make the poor work harder, pay them less (eg new police recruits.)
On Thursday I was told at work that their was no work for next week, No notice just have next week off and you will get £24.20 per day, as i work a 4 day week that means i will have£96.80 wages. On the same day I received a Rent notice that my rent was to go up to £120.22 per week. now you tell me the Country has not gone to the dogs.
Hi

The Minister of Defence came up with a good idea, last week: Instead of cutting more from the defence budget; more should be cut from the Welfare budget.

Whuy not draft the disabled and poor into the Army send them to Afghanistan to get shot. That would kill two birds with one stone.

ESA Appeals Nightmare Scenario Confirmed

Employment and support allowance (ESA) is to be stopped when a claimant challenges a decision that they are fit for work, the government has confirmed. Instead, claimants will be forced to declare themselves fit for work in order to try to claim Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) whilst still asking their GP for sick notes (now called fit notes) to maintain their ESA claim.

Only when a mandatory reconsideration has been carried out will the claimant be able to lodge an appeal and once again receive ESA at the assessment rate, until the appeal is decided. There is no limit on how long the DWP can take to carry out a mandatory reconsideration.
Welfare Reform 2013: Creating a Welfare System Fit for the 21st Century

The Welfare Reform Act received Royal Assent in March 2012. It introduces Universal Credit, which will replace several means-tested benefits for working-age claimants, and also makes a number of changes which will have a significant impact on social housing tenants. The legislation financially penalises social housing tenants who are deemed to be under-occupying their accommodation, and caps overall benefits at £26,000 per year per household.

In addition, Disability Living Allowance will be replaced by Personal Independence Payment, and there will be a one-year time limitation of Employment and Support Allowance.
Tuesday 5th

Yesterday I went to my Pilates Class, the usual instructor was not there, and her replacement gave us an exhausting session. Pilates, for those of you who don't know what it does; it helps you with, bending, twisting, balance and strength, concentrating on you core muscles. I can now put my underpants on without falling over.

Today I started a Sun Tai Chi course, the instructor will train us to use some of the 97 moves of Sun Tai Chi, especially designed for people with Parkinson's.

I exercise my mind and body, but if I tell ATOS this it may not help my case. I'll just have to adopt the method of being economical with the truth.
Wednesday

Yesterday I was asked to speak at a support group. The day they want me to speak is TODAY. I have been thinking about what I should say. My aim is to be educational/informative; humorous; inspiring.

Was going to the gym but will have to knock it on the head.
It sounds like "if you can wipe your own Arse your fit to work"
Just a thought after reading the latest posts, if anybody needs help in respect of benefits, appealing against decisions ect, this site is really good.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

You can read some of the items but in order to get access to letter templates ect there is a small annual fee. It's well worth it I promice you.

glenchass
Neil Kinnock, Losing to Maggie.

If Margaret Thatcher is re-elected as prime minister on Thursday, I warn you. I warn you that you will have pain – when healing and relief depend upon payment. I warn you that you will have ignorance – when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right. I warn you that you will have poverty – when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can't pay. I warn you that you will be cold – when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don't notice and the poor can't afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work – when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don't earn, they don't spend. When they don't spend, work dies. I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light. I warn you that you will be quiet – when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient. I warn you that you will have defence of a sort – with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding. I warn you that you will be home-bound – when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up. I warn you that you will borrow less – when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If Margaret Thatcher wins on Thursday, I warn you not to be ordinary. I warn you not to be young. I warn you not to fall ill. I warn you not to get old
Hi

A month has gone by and I have not had any communication from the DWP or ATOS. How long does it take?
:cry:

Had the letter from JobCentrePlus

I am now in the Work-related activity Group

I am going to appeal
hey Bu
ny sorry to hrear about your situation .cDo they know wht sort of job your supposed to do i used to be a window cleaner /forklift driver but s im not in total control of my limbs it hs become "health and saftey" issue .Surely that should dictate exactly what sort of employment tht you can do you re not deemed as safe when your arms annd legs work independantly form you are you ??.I walk around like am trying to kick start and old motor bike (side effects of the meds )hope your appeal goes well you can expect too wit around 5 months for a result speaking from experiance (i won my appeal ).We should insist that a PD nurse be present when attending these "medicals" as the ATOS "dr" admitted to me he knew nothing about PD how did he qualify to say i was fit to work?
Hi

I was a teacher. I gave up teaching because I was a danger in the classroom, overbalancing drifting off. I couldn't write legibly I was really tired when I got home and would go to bed at 830.

I was allowed to retire because unlike having a heart attack or depression there was no way I would get better.

I wasn't interviewed I just had a letter. I rang up the local DWP to get an explanation just like it says in the letter. The DWP said the only explanation they could give me over the phone was that the decision was the decision, and couldn't add any thing to it. so I asked for a written statement.

I got the report from the DWP today the prognosis is "I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term". Brilliant! I am 63 i live in the Valleys there is no work. I am getting £5 pw less than if I was in the support group. So why go to the expense of interviewing me?
Job Centre Plus rang me today, because I asked them when my work-related interview would take place. Imagine my surprise when they told me I could decide if I wanted the interviews or not. :grin:.

Is it because I am 63?
Is it because there are no jobs?
Is it because the DWP staff have been sacked?
Is it because this government are incompetent?

Maybe they realised it is a waste of money interviewing me.

If your lookin at leasing a car through benefits your best off applying for P.I.P and then leasing a car from motorbility scheme if that's what you mean?.

http://www.motability.co.uk/

https://www.gov.uk/pip/overview