Euthanasia

Had to put my 14.3 yr old black Labrador ebony to sleep this morning even tho it was a very hard decision it was very dignified and peace full,i can now see why be campaign for this to be legal for humans ! 

We tend to be far kinder to our animals than to ourselves 

so true it's no different in my eyes maybe one day. to many do gooders

Life should be about quality not quantity in western culture we've some how got it backwards 

Hi Gus

Sorry I should have sent you my condolences for your loss  I know it's a difficult decision to make as I had to put my dog down 18 months ago , He was only 6 1/2  Tibetan mastiff boxer cross named Rune. He had 2 fits and became aggressive n being a big powerful dog that was no good.

Even though we now have a 5 month old puppy I'm still not over the loss of Rune .

Live well.  Cc

Thanks .It's hard to get over them even more now as I had to give up work and my wife works she was like my shadow I've just dug out here kennel club papers going to find another puppy in her blood line going on holiday first tho.thanks again cheshire cat

Gus

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is , I have lost 3 dogs during my lifetime and still miss them all.

Have a good holiday, Ebony is safe now with her doggy pals.

Angel

Thanks angel never thought it would tear me up this much.

Hi Gus really sorry to hear about your dog Ebony . They are so much part of the family . It must've been such a hard decision . I knew someone who had to call the vet out to her home and he wanted to put her dog to sleep but she refused . She had to call the vet back out a second time and that time she let him put the dog to sleep . You did the right thing it's not fair to let them  suffer .we have a chocolate lab he's six . They say they are bonkers ! I can imagine how you feel . Enjoy your holiday where are you going ? 

hi maddison my wife and children have all grown up with ebony she was the runt of the litter but so beautiful I also had the vet come to are house I remember the time we bought a new washing machine and she chewed up all the buttons and drawer every time we went out after that our washing machine door she would always open and drag out all clothing bless her. I say we're going on holiday not until September so it's going to give me time to get over her.And going to be a lot hard work when we come back with finding and training new labrador. give my love to bonkers

Oh Gus I am sad to hear about your dog I am a animal lover as well although Colin won't agree to me having a cat. I know it's not the same a having a dog I just find cat's suit me better. this poem is tattooed on my back for all of those I have loved and lost hope it can help.

Death Is nothing at all I am I & you are you that we were to each other we are still

wear no force air of solemnity laugh as we always laughed at the little things we

shared together play smile pray for me I am but waiting for you around the corner 

all is well

BB x

nice words bb

What a week now my deep brain stimulation battery needs changing good news is that they might be offering me the nee rechargeable 25 yr vercise system not all bad.

Sounds good Gus fingers crossed . How long has this one lasted ? 

3yrs on very high voltage normal 5yrs

The 25 year one would be great. Hope they offer you it  

Thanks kind words

Hi Gus

So sorry about you losing your dog

It  really is the most heartbreaking decision you will ever have to make , the last two dogs i had i had to have put to sleep , remember the good times that you had together i know its so devastating but it is the one last thing that we can do for our animals i got sent this when i had to have my last dog put to sleep through mammory cancer and it was so beautiful i thought i would share it with you

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

that was lovely thank you

your welcome x