Excessive daytime sleepiness

Is anyone else coping with this? My husband falls asleep as soon as he sits down and then when he wakes or I wake him, he can become very confused. Consultant trying to improve his nightime sleep with melatonine to prevent daytime sleepiness but not working. He was diagnosed 9 years ago and is taking Stalevo TDS. I am so worried that this may be the start of Parkinson's dementia. He is often uncommunicative, then at other times he seems quite alert again. Up and down seems to b a feature of this horrid condition.

Kas

Hi Kas,

We have information about sleep problems and Parkinson's here: http://bit.ly/23UaO2N

Please know you're also welcome to contact our helpline on 0808 800 0303. You'll be able to discuss all aspects of living with Parkinson's with our trained advisers (including Parkinson's nurses). Our helpline is open from Monday to Friday: 9am-7pm and on Saturday: 10am-2pm (Closed Sundays/Bank Holidays).

Best wishes,

Ilona (Moderation Team).

1 Like

Hi Kas.

You describe our situation exactly. Husband sleeps  for most of the day.As he is already a patient at our local memory clinic, I have the same worry as you do.

Hi Benji, 

Husband just recently been assessed by memory clinic. Don't really know where that will take us, but I was told there was a service for carer's too. Maybe helpful? 

Hi Kas.

Has he been prescribed any medication yet or was that mentioned as a possibility? Husband has been  on Rivastigmine for almost a year now.

Benji, no medication prescribed yet. But he needs to see doctor at memory clinic, so maybe after that. Does it help your husband? Don't want anything else to make him sleepy! I find his personality change the hardest thing about PD

I've covered more details in a PM to you Kas.

Benji,

I have tried twice to reply to your last PM and both times messages failed to send. I had a msg saying contact site administrator. Don't know how to do this, so for the moment I cannot get in touch with you. Very annoying! Hope care issues are resolving and I am thinking of you,

Kas x

Hi Kas,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with sending PMs on the site. If you send us a screen grab of the error message you're getting to [email protected] we can have a look.

Best wishes,

Joanne 

Hi Joanne,

i just did a test message to benji - ready to send you the error message and it was sent successfully!

i am pleased, but now I need to compose a proper message and hope it goes.

thanks for your help,

Kas

Yes, Kas,

Your test PM arrived.

benji

1 Like

How on earth do I now send a PM on the new forum?? Also, how do I access all the previous PM’s sent,by me and to me, by a good friend on here???

I just had to use the search facility to find their name and message them from a post that they had made. There must be a simpler way of doing this??? Maybe not. Nothing now surprises me about the new format.:roll_eyes:

Hi Benji,

I’m sorry that you had trouble to find a quicker way to send a private message. I’m not sure how many ways there are to do this in the new forum, but here’s the one I find the simplest:

1- Click on your avatar/name icon that you’ll find at the top-right of the page. In the the moderators2 profile this is the M in the red circle. This will show you a small pop up menu where you will find the messages icon in the green square below:

2- Click the messages icon to find your Inbox, Sent and archived messages on the left hand side, and also to compose a new message by clicking the blue New Message button highlighted in the green square below:

3- Once you’ve clicked the New Message button you will get a blank message window to compose your message. If you click on the Add a user text box highlighted in green below, start typing the username of the forum member you want to send the message to and you will get a list of forum usernames you can select as addressee. Just click the right one and it will select that username as addressee of your message.

4- After that, you can type the message title you wish in the next text box and the body of the message in the big box below and hit the Message button at the bottom when you’re ready to send your message.

I hope you find that useful, but do let us know if we can help with anything else.

Best wishes,
Mara
(Moderation Team)