Excessive Sweating & Medication

Hi all,

Diagnosed early this year, in my late forties but expect had Parkinsons for 10 years. I’ve suffered from excessive sweating for around 6 years, this long hot summer has been hell. I’m not on any medication as my tremor is not that bad.

Can anyone on meds tell me if they help with excessive sweating?

Thanks

Hi
I too suffered from excessive sweating for years and most mornings had to change bed. I was only officially diagnosed this year and very quickly after being prescribed madopar slept without sweating, absolute bliss for me.
All meds work differently on different people but I hope this helps

Yeah I have had pd for 11yrs if I try to do something ie bit of gardening, I get all clammy back soaking wet,I put it down to medication wearing off! I do also sweat from underarm but this is sorted I have BOTOX injections every six months so sorted there ,just slow down and take things slower

Hi HP, Gus,

With me the sweating is my head, neck and back, just eating or taking food out of the oven sets it off, walking anywhere is a
nightmare. My hair is soaking like I’ve had a shower. The tremor is manageable without meds, just a bit jerky when eating so unsure if I should go on them for now.

I was diagnosed a year ago. I’m on Madopar, 3x125 a day. I’ve just started sweating recently. Not entirely certain it is a symptom of Parkinson’s. I am post menopausal and it could be a hot flash. It is affecting me during the day and at night. I was wondering if it is caused by the Madopar.

Jane, Not sure if the meds cause sweating, think she if anything they reduce it, so you may be right about it being something else. Think I will try the meds as I’ve had enough of the constant sweating.

Hello
I suffer from terrible sweating. Walking or any exercise leaves me soaked over my head, neck, chest and back. I’m 51 and have been told it’s the menopause. I’m sure it’s an effect of meds. I take madopar 100/25 three times a day and the sweating started when I wrong this drug over 18 months ago.
Anyone else experiencing similar?

Botox injection gp refers you

I’ve had excessive sweating for over 20 years. It does come and go, and seems to have had more than one cause – menopause, an incompetent gp who prescribed me too much levothyroxine, and now either PD or the meds. I don’t know a cure, so I deal with the symptoms: I take frequent showers and change my clothing.

I’ve been dx with PD for 11 plus years. Sweating and heat waves come over me many times a day. Summers are miserable. This happens in my air conditioned home when I’m just watching tv. I take 8-10 Carb-Levo daily and I have noticed that my symptoms are worse towards the end of my dose (usually 3 hours apart). I bought some very small battery operated fans and place them in my favorite spots around the house. I turn it on as soon as I feel a wave of heat coming and it helps shorten the misery. I would rank this symptom in the top three of most irritating.

I’m early 50’s male. My sweating is really bad and has been for 10 years. I get it on my head, neck, back and chest. I’m only on Sinemet. Parkinson’s does cause sweating issues.

Yeah i sweat well use to i botox injections brilliant ask gp referral

Long before I was diagnosed with Parkinson, I saw multiple doctors about sweating and a last resort my doctor sent me to a dermatologist that diagnosed hyperhidrosis, then he prescribed glycopyrrolate 1 mg 2-4 times a day and I immediately stopped sweating. I would have to sit in front of the AC vent to get dressed because the sweating was so severe. No I only take it occasionally but in the beginning it took it everyday and became a normal person.