Exercises

Hi my name is wills and I had parkinsons for two years and I recommend doing as much exercise as you can. I play tennis three times a week and walk for 40 minutes most days it seems to keep me going, I would like to here from anybody else that finds it beneficial.wills:bulb:
Exercise is good (although hammering the joints and not drinking enough water to replace lost fluid through perspiration is not so good) :laughing:
I try to cycle, dance or walk everyday. If the weather is bad I use a Wii.
It seems to help.
I swim mostly as its not so hard on the joints, seems to help.:smile:
Wills has exercise eased your symptoms or slowed the progression of the disease? My wife was diagnosed a week ago and she's now got a programme of walking, water walking, stretch exercises, massage and using wii fit which we are hoping will work
My husband swam daily since , he would go to the pool duting his luchtime that is once swiiming pools became more accessable . He is now 77 and was OFFICIALLY diagnosed at 72 . Obviously he had been struggling for many years before that but he put it all down to aging . He just got on with his life . Never having a day off from work and fortunately no apparent illnesses ..

Maybe the swimming had been helping him we will never know now . It certainly didnt help the painful stiff shoulder neck he had suffered
Since doing neck rolling /turning the pain has eased ..
My husband swam daily since , he would go to the pool duting his luchtime that is once swiiming pools became more accessable . He is now 77 and was OFFICIALLY diagnosed at 72 . Obviously he had been struggling for many years before that but he put it all down to aging . He just got on with his life . Never having a day off from work and fortunately no apparent illnesses ..

Maybe the swimming had been helping him we will never know now . It certainly didnt help the painful stiff shoulder neck he had suffered
Since doing neck rolling /turning the pain has eased ..
Hi Wills,
Any exercise you can achieve is good, but I suggest not to overdo it. I play golf.
Each round of golf is an endurance test, but I find I can measure the effectiveness of my meds over the 3-4 hours several times a week. My GP is receptive to the "evidence", so no prescription problems. Perhaps taking exercise in company helps general well-being, too. Best regards - haltonapp
hi davech,

Tell your wife that excercise can play a big part in controlling the symptoms of PD. I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago and for the past year I have used the Wii nearly every day and for me it really helps. My balance has improved,I feel more confident in myself when out alone and above all it is FUN because when you are using the Wii it takes away all the tension and worry that PD can cause.It is probably not everyones cup of tea but for me it is my life-line.:smile:
Walking is always good at any age I am 73 have PD/Diabetes and love walking dally, if the weather's bad I use a tread mill (the kind you make work
ot the motorized)that's too easy. is not doing me any harm I'm sure.
all the best oldboy walker.:flushed: