Exercising using a Vibration Plate

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the Vibration Plate machines used for toning and muscle exercising and whether they could help with muscle stiffness and increasing flexibility.   

Hi Hazysunshine

I have one called the 'BSLIMMER Vibration Plate', although I didn't buy it to lose weight.  I use it only occasionally - on those days when my muscles ache - but I find it really relaxing, especially when combined with  breathing, stretches and weights.

It seems to remind the brain where the muscles are and 'jiggles' them awake, if you know what I mean.  I wouldn't use it instead of regular exercise but, combined with it, I find the machine really beneficial.

Another useful gadget is a simple back stretcher, which arches the back to enable a good spine stretch. Either of these devices would be useful for anyone but are, in my opinion, especially good for Parkies as they improve flexibility.

Hi Lily,

I haven't been on here since my last post in March but did purchase a vibration plate.  How amazing to see you have a Bslimmer as I also bought a Bslimmer in March.  I love it and use it every day 2-3 times a day.  I really feel it is reaching and making muscles move that otherwise would want to stiffen or become increasingly weak and lazy.   It also improves circulation.  I bought it second hand for £25 and along with gym work has become a vital part of my daily routine in remaining mobile and flexible.

Hi Lily

i also have a vibration plate machine and find it relaxing of an evening for 20 mins when I remember!