Exhaustion

Hi I am Jean and new to the forum,
I was diagnosed with idiopathic parkinsons in January 2017.
I had a tremor in my left hand and total exhaustion.i was also having trouble sleeping. The exhaustion is my main problem, I would like hear from anyone who had this same problem and did they manage overcome it, I take madopar and antidepressants.and also a sleeping tablet

Hi @Jen48,

Welcome to the forum, I’m sure our regulars will be along to discuss their experiences with you soon. In the meantime you might want to have a look at our sleep information and resources, which can be found here… https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/sleep-and-parkinsons.

I would also like to recommend our helpline. Our trained advisers can provide information and support around all aspects of life with Parkinsons and, if needed, can also arrange for you to be contacted by a Parkinsons’s nurse. The helpline is open from 9am-7pm Mon-Fri and 9am-2pm Saturday and you can call free on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,

Tash
Moderation Team

Jen, I also am often exhausted at lunchtime, as well as by 7pm each day; My response is to sleep on my sofa for 30 minutes to an hour after lunch, and to go to bed, with my ipad, at 7pm…and I stay in bed til 7am, sleeping and viewing material on my ipad…Of course, during the night, i force myself out of bed for loo breaks and rare trips to get cups of tea. What I would say is that food plays a big part in my experiencing exhaustion. If I just have a coffee and a clemantine +apples for breakfast, then soup for lunch, I feel far more alert, and don’t require noon time nap. I dont take antidepressants, but live on Sinemet/madopar/Rasagaline…and I do start every day with a 10min jog near my house, come rain or shine…v best