Eye sight

Hi
Has anyone had any eye sight issues since diagnosis?

My eyes are horrendous all of a sudden!

How much time did go by from the moment of the diagnosis?

I occasionally get blurry eyes and recently lots of headaches. Not sure if this is the drugs or symptoms of parkinsons. Might be worth checking with your Parkinsons nurse?

My eyesight degrades as the day progresses. I take it this is due to the eye muscles that focus the lens gets affected by the lack of dopamine

Strange enough my eyesight has improved since I’ve had PD!

Approximately 2 years ago I went for an eye test as I was struggling to see we’ll even with my prescription lens, I was told that by my distance vision had improved and my prescription was updated. Last month I had another eye test as it seemed as if I could see better to drive without wearing my prescription glasses, I was told that my eyesight has improved again and it’s now good enough to drive without any glasses. I asked the Optician if this was unusual to be told that although it’s not common they do come across this from time to time! happen! I’ve been wondering if it could be linked to my PD??

Maybe there can be positives to this condition after all :slight_smile:

Marilyn

hi
i have a variety of eye related problems
these include double vision when i am tired
can t open eyes when un medicated eg on waking need to open by using fingers
droopy eye lids
dry eyes
after reading for a while hard to focus at times
i have had Parkinsons for 22 years
sorry no easy answers

Sorry to hear that you struggle so much with your eyes.
I also have difficulty opening my eyes during off time, bright light and water on my face makes it much worse.