Face to face

Hello all,
Now that covid is being more relaxed, can you tell me if there are any venues for a chat and a coffee in the Wellingborough area?
I’m new (and confused) and a “face to face” would help a lot.
Kind regards
Tony

Hi Tony, What I suggest you do is to see if there’s a Parkinson’s Group in your area, these usually meet up once a month. Ask at your Hospital which in your case could be Addenbrookes at Cambridge or a local Parkinson’s Nurse may be able to help. I use to live up your way(Peterborough) and might have been able to help you more but sadly i’m down in glorious Devon, someone has to !! LOL

Les

Hello, further to cruisecontroller’s reply this is a link for the Wellingborough Parkinson’s Support Group. I hope this helps but you can always post on the forum too. Not the same as a f2f I grant you, but you’ll be getting information from people who either live with Parkinson’s or have a connection to someone who does

https://localsupport.parkinsons.org.uk/activity/wellingborough-group-meeting

Thanks for your reply Les.
I’m in a face to face desert here in Wellingborough.
I’ll keep trying.
Kind regards
Tony

Thanks for the reply Tot.
The “primary contact” in Wellingborough, has not replied to two of my e mails and does not answer his phone.
I feel abandoned and alone.
I’ll keep trying.
Kind regards
Tony

The other option is to speak to your GP Surgery they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Les

That’s not good. The details may just be out of date. Can we help at all? Are you concerned about something in particular or maybe newly diagnosed and feeling like everything’s changed and your future only looks black. I’m guessing of course but if that is the case and you don’t want to post, may I suggest you have a look at some of the replies in the introductions/personal category and see if anything there helps. Alternatively why not give the help desk a call, it’s not f2f but it is at least someone to talk too and they are very good and can maybe offer some ideas or information.
Tot

Thanks Tot,
Good advice!
It’s a weird world when all you want is a cup of :coffee: And some information from like minded folk,
When I was diagnosed I was deluged with literature and I felt heartened and confident.
But one question in and I’ve fallen at the first hurdle !
Ho hum
Take care
Tony

Cheers Les,
I’ll be taking your advice next week!
Kind regards
Tony

Hello again, there is a second telephone number on their website. Have you tried both?
Tot

1 Like

@Tot makes a very valid point Tony, if there is anything, no matter how daft you think it may be, just ask, we’re all here to help one another. On the subject of Wellingborough I did some Agency Driving for Ellis & Everard Chemicals when they were a going concern. I travelled there from Bletchley(where I was born) eventually I went full time on London Brick as it was operating out of Peterborough & delivered to both Merchants & Sites in your area.

Les

Morning Tot,
The information you sent me (thank you) was the start of my problems!
Mr David Hudson 01933 353878 does not answer his phone or reply to my e mails.
Lisa Lowe was a friendly and helpful person who invited me to her group meeting in Kettering.
I explained I was not able to travel far these days.
She wished me well and to not get discouraged.
End of story. No other advice or direction of travel.
Thank you so much for your concern and I wish you well.
Regards Tony

How frustrating. One thing that is a certainty with Parkinson’s, though it shouldn’t be, is you have to sometimes be tenacious. I really do think that your best bet now is to speak to the help desk and, as I said before it’s not a face to face but it is a human voice.
Alternatively as you seem to be getting nowhere fast, why not think about putting a post on the forum and tell us a little more about yourself and/or anything that is a concern. You only need divulge what you feel comfortable with and someone may come up with another idea for you.
If I have a light bulb moment I will let you know.
Tot

Thank you for your kind words Tot.
Kindest regards to you and yours.
Tony