Family’s

Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

Well as many of you may know alittle about me all ready, but if you don’t than please read the previous crates in which I have spoken on, well ok I just wanted to ask you all If this is me or my PD making me think and feel this way, you see I am the middle child, and over and over the years I have noticed that I have been pushed out from the family, if makes no matter what i do for them to say well done you have done so thing right, I am always the last to find out about what’s happening. I am am always the one left out of plans ,trip days out. I fell asleep twice yesterday as I was gardening and have cut my arm and a few little bruises, so when I told my family they just laught and said how can you just fall asleep. They just don’t seem to understand or want to learn anything about PD, as well as making me more sick, it is now affects my relationship with my husband. As he can see that they are making me ill but I just want them to be close and treat me the same as they are, with this on too I just am losing my temper or I am crying not really sure what is happening to me. Any one experiencing anything like this??

Hi @Raz1,

I’m really sorry that you’ve haven’t been receiving the support that you deserve from your family. Unfortunately, many people lack basic understanding of what Parkinson’s is and how it affects people. However, I appreciate how frustrating and disheartening it can be if these people are within your family.

We have some really useful tips on how best to explain Parkinson’s to family members on our website here, https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/talking-people-about-parkinsons. This might be a good way to bring up the subject and encourage them to learn more about Parkinson’s. In terms of your own mental wellbeing, perhaps you should explore speaking with a counsellor for emotion support, you can find all the info you need here, https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/emotional-support-and-counselling.

Please remember you are always welcome to speak to our trusted advisers via our helpline on 0808 800 0303 too, as they can offer you additional support.

I’m sure you’ll hear from other members soon but do take care in the meantime.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Reah

Firstly thank you for responding and yes you are so right, they don’t understand and that’s why they are being like that. But I must say some of them do but still don’t want to behaviour any differently. Thank you for your support and yes I will look at those web sites. I feel that I have no family just people who turn up every year once a year. Well once again I am so glad that there are web sites and forums like this as it makes a very big difference.

Hi @Raz1,

You’re welcome.

I’m glad you’ve found some refuge in the forum.:slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Reah

1 Like