Far Infra Red Sauna

Hi
We're thinking of getting an FIR Sauna as I believe it will be both relaxing and beneficial for the stiffness in my neck and thigh muscles. However, these cabins are known to have a detoxifying effect and there are warnings about using them if you are on medication or have certain conditions. Parkinson's isn't mentioned as a problem but I wondered if anyone had any experience of these Saunas and whether the detoxifying effect will affect the absorption of medication.
Many thanks
Jane
Hi there.

I am very skeptical of the word 'detoxify' in a piece of writing supplied to you by anyone who stands to make money out of you. It really means nothing in the scientific world but , if you can find me some evidence . I will change my mind. Your body can handle it if you have good liver and kidney function.

Also, there is a relationship between PD and skin cancer. I know because I had to see a skin doctor today who gave me an all clear after 3 years of struggling with it. I have no idea if IR can play havoc or not!

Keep your money in your pocket, methinks

Best wishes

Chris
:neutral_face:
I think that a conventional sauna is ok. I m planning to buy one.one or two times a week for relaxation it is enough.the most important is: are you happy to have it, yes? So do not hesitate.

Jane, avoid FIR, you want NIR.
Please read Current application and future directions of photobiomodulation in central nervous diseases (nih.gov)