Fasticulations in Parkinson?

Hello everyone, my husband (45 years old) has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s based on a positive Dat Sacan and a series of symptoms - stiffness, slight slowness of movement, hypobrachia, etc, he hardly has any tremors and the few are in his fingers when he takes certain positions-. However, a week ago he started having fasciculations in various parts of his body - hands, arm, legs, neck, etc. His neurologist says that the fasciculations are not characteristic of Parkinson’s disease.
I would like to know if people with Parkinson’s have ever noticed fasciculations and what your neurologist thinks about it. Sorry for my English, I can’t find an active forum in my language. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Maremoto,
We just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the forum. You’re sure to hear from our community members about their experiences with fasciculations, and you can also read previous forum discussions on the topic by having a search on our website. This carer’s guide might be of interest, as well. Please also make use of our kind and supportive advisers, available at our free and confidential helpline at 0808 800 0303. They are highly knowledgeable and ready to help with a range of Parkinson’s-related questions.
We hope these resources can be of some help, and again, we offer our warmest welcome,
Jason
Moderation Team

I have experienced muscular fasciculations for nearly two decades now, and was told they were nothing to worry about and wholly benign. Parkinsons has developed much more recently so I know that in my case Parkinsons was not the cause.

But if you are concerned, by all means speak to a Parkinsons nurse or GP.