Fasting

how do you do it without meds

If your fasting to develop keystones you will have to be careful.they are dangerous and can kill yet new research I readv is that when they go to the brain they start to jrepair the deAd cell that are reasposible for pd
All the beef. John

Hi Gordon, I fasted for several months last year, this involved having breakfast then just water or herbal tea till breakfast the following day, it was just one day a week. I started doing this after watching Dr. Michael Moseley's programme on BBC, he found there were health benefits to the brain. I carried on with my medication as usual. I've also just posted a thread about the benefits of coconut oil for the brain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

thanks V. I will check it out although if I dont eat with my meds I find they are hard on my stomach

Hi Gordon

I had read that Sinemet was better absorbed into the blood stream if you took it on an empty stomach - so I did - big mistake! I ended up on the floor for about 40 minutes or so and as I live alone it was very frightening. My blood pressure had dropped very quickly. So I don't think that fasting would suit me at all but of course many other people may be able to tolerate fasting.

Regards

Powrie

Hi i take sinemet too, i didn't find it a problem when fasting, strange how we are all so different! :smile:

hi P. I wake at 7 take 2 sinemet breakfast at 8 and than take ropinirole about 9. I have fainted getting out bed too quickly if you move in stages vertical you should be alright Ive never fainted since .Ive got a wee blender and I put coconut oil, olive oil, banana, yoghurt and maple syrup in it throw it out and have a fry. no the blended mix is nice enough does any one know of any thing else I could put in it?

Don't tempt me Gordon!!

All that sugary stuff ain't good for diabetics you know! :fearful:

Is it fasting when you consume all your carbs and proteins into a single drink?

Also BE WARNED, wear safety goggles AFTER reading the ingredients. I thought there was a comma between coconut and oil, disintegrating the blender, wrecking the kitchen and how I wasn't killed I dont know.

Also what will the coconut oil do to my unhealthy cholesterol levels?

hi Gordon
just to say i asked for the non-fasting part of this discussion to be moved to a separate thread.
cheers

Hi turnip,
I've moved the relevant posts into a new thread called, 'Milk consumption and Parkinson's'. Do let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks,
Ezinda

thanks ezinda, if only the software were as good as the ezindaware (sounds off - saccharine poisoning) :grin: