Feeling lost & alone :(

Thanks @Tot by phone call. I am down for a cancellation so fingers crossed.
I spent evening with my daughter in a spa tonight , haven’t laughed so much in ages! Needed it :slight_smile:

You certainly did and I’m delighted to hear it - did your tremor ease while you were laughing with your daughter?

No still happens :(. My tremor is a jerky action tremor which affects body as well as hands.

Didn’t expect it to disappear entirely Busyizzy, that would be too much to expect but did you perhaps notice it less or maybe the movement was less intense or something like that because you were relaxed.

1 Like

Thanks @Tot There’s no really timings to my jerks, my tremor can be almost nothing to full blown can’t hold anything. Whilst anxiety, stress and tiredness makes tremor worse jerks tend to be worse when relaxed! Just feeling with down & meh at the moment with it just not getting anywhere really sucks. Need some sun, sea & cake! :heart:

@WORRIED81 reading your post reminded me so much about my husband’s symptoms. He’s had gastro issues for ages, has had lots of tests and everything coming back clear.

Back in early summer last year, he was working full-time, driving an LGV for a large supermarket, so I assumed he life was continuing as normal, whereas I’d started wfh, with all that entails. Had noticed though that he wasn’t buying a daily paper as he did and not eating his pre-packed lunch (too busy for both), and he was getting anxious – and he’s the most laidback person you could meet. Then one day I asked him to pop out to do some shopping for me – he started shaking like a leaf, and extremely anxious. Also constantly tired – was just working and sleeping, essentially.
Reduced his days at work, and then visited GP, who referred him to neurologist – which could take up to 18 months. Persuaded him to see privately, as I have private cover with my job.

I’m not sure if my husband had Covid 19, or not, but I know the symptoms are very similar, and even when the neurologist said it was PD, I was surprised. He did a couple of strength (pushing against him) and cognitive tests (clicking fingers together), and he also said he had no arm swing when walking. He had a scan, and the neurologist said it was what was expected for someone with PD, although the report itself seemed to show everything OK.

Before the diagnosis and starting up on the meds, he was getting pretty forgetful, forgetting to turn lights off in the morning before going to work, forgetting to lock the car.

He’s been on the meds now for just over 2 months now, and now he’s taking them at the right time, there’s definitely been an improvement, although he’s not currently working. He still tremors slightly in his right arm, his weight has gone up (which is a good thing), his forgetfulness has reduced and so has his brain fog.

I personally still wonder if it’s PD or Long Covid, but guess will have to go with what the experts say, eh?

1 Like

I haven’t been on the forum for over a year but this thread, and your post in particular, truly resonated with me. I can hardly hold back the tears. I was diagnosed 12 years ago (symptoms for 15 years) and anxiety is the hardest of my symptoms to manage, in spite of medication. I have no tremor so most people initially wouldn’t suspect I have a neurological condition at all. I’m an expert at hiding it until I have to interact with someone. I just wanted to say thanks for reminding me that I’m not alone.

5 Likes

@Busyizzy54 I know you said you haven’t had Covid, but are you sure? I have no confidence in the lateral flow tests. I knew I’d had covid at least once, but my GP suggested antibodies test to confirm as part of my investigations. My partner didn’t think she had, but she had antibodies test and it turned out she has had covid too. It might be worth checking out. Personally from speaking to the neurologist I think there will be a huge increase in neurological issues stemming from long covid.

@QuiteContrary I had the same with the Gastro issues. Always coming back clear. I took it into my own hands and just reduced certain things from my diet, (meat, pastry, etc) which helped but didn’t get it fully under control.

I had another couple of blips this weekend. With leaving keys in car, and door locking. I also let a bath run for an hour! So guess the water bills gonna be high!!!

Again, it might be worth trying to get antibodies test for your husband.

Well tomorrow is 3 weeks for me since datscan, so I’m going to phone hospital tomorrow morning.

Apart from the memory blips, I physically had a good weekend. I went to leeds festival for the day on Friday with my son, mrs and her friend and son. The hour walk from the day parking to the main stage was worrying me for the walk back after a day at the festival, but I wasn’t too bad at all. maybe the beer drank and general euphoria (euphoria is the wrong word, but the word i’m looking for has escaped me!!)

1 Like

“adrenalin” was the word I was looking for

Just phoned neurology and was told my datscan has been reported on. They wouldn’t tell me anything, but tried to put me through to my neurologists secretary. she was away from desk, so I left voice mail. Hopefully finding out today. Which is a relief either way Just nervous now!!

2 Likes

Hope you hear soon @WORRIED81 nothing like waiting for results :frowning: xx

Hello Busyizzy54 and worried81
Just wondered how you were both getting on.
Hope you are holding up.
Tot

1 Like

Hi @Tot
Thank you for your message. I am having a op on Tuesday to help with bladder issues so hopefully can return to full excercise! Just come back from a cruise to Liverpool. A week of being spoilt rotten! Great food, Massages, line dancing and lots of Vitamin D!
I have a follow up with Neuro in October but i have some stressful events coming up, house move & new job so I trying staying positive as I can.
Issy x

Had a colposuspension procedure last Tuesday to help with severe urinary issues, not been easy as my tremors & jerks have been on overdrive ever since but my blood pressure has also been in my boots so adding light-headiness & tinnitus it’s been rather an unpleasant recovery. Hopefully home tomorrow … hoping that might calm everything down a bit.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow being a better day for you.
Tot

2 Likes

Hello there, just wondered how you’re doing. Do hope you’ve picked up a bit.
Tot

1 Like

Hi @Tot

Came home Sunday evening unfortunately with a catheter… however hoping having it removed today as I sit through another TWOC. Vertigo & low blood pressure are still causing issues but thankfully the pain has lessened considerably.
My constant tremor has surprisingly calmed down a bit which is amazing especially at night, although I do have a finger that just moves by itself which is annoying at times.
Onwards and upwards as they say and just taking a day at a time.
Thanks for asking how I am I really appreciate it. x

that’s all you can do, one day at a time but you’re sounding a little cheerier than your last post. Not being in so much pain is great because that is so all consuming and debilitating. Look after yourself and I shall look out for your next fabulous photo!

1 Like

Hi Dizzy, Just read your posting and the kind words of support from them. You are an inspiring member of the forum and a valuable member of the PD club. Welcome . I haven’t any tools to contribute but I choose to look at daily life with irreverence and humour -not for all but it suits me. If you want to veer to the funny side I have a number of postings in my name . Keep strong and don’t let the PD get you down.,
Banjo-boy

1 Like

So today I had my follow up and really wasn’t prepared for the diagnosis of MSA as told my Datscan was normal however the consultant says this can happen. Not sure how, what’s, where this will take me although now have to try and keep positive. Being put on tablets to help with blood pressure and tremors. The one thing I have found is that I am not alone thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point.