Fibromyalgia

Hi, has anyone on this site also got fibromyalgia? I have been looking up my symptoms of a terrible pressure in the back of my neck especially when stressed. Fibromyalgia came up and reading through the symptoms it could be me. I dont think i could be unlucky enough to have two different illnesses and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Look forward to some replies. Thanks.

Hi Margs1
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia many years before i was diagnosed with pd (2012) .
I have since heard of other people who were disgnosed with Fibromyalgia and later that. Diagnosis was changed to pd .
I alsays

Hi @Margs1,

There’s been a lot of discussion on the forum about Fibromyalgia that you may find helpful which you can find here and here.

If you do have any questions or concerns, please remember that we’re also here for you and you can call our helpline free on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

I always was doubtful of the Fibromyalgia diagnosis and now i dont think i ever had it

Cheers AnneD

Sorry this should have been sent first.
Hi Margs1,
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a good number of years before being diagnosed with pd in 2012,i have since heard of other people who were first diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and later that diagnosis was changed to pd dont know if this is of much help to you.Cheers ANNE29

Thanks Anne interesting to know two illnesses are similar

Hi margs1 I had fibromyalgia years before I was diagnosed with pd at the time we had a consultant in our surgery covering a gp friend and he was working on cases of fibromyalgia so I had every confident diagnosis was right my pd nurse always says Don, t forget you can have more than 1 ailment
Pete