Finally, a diagnosis

I'm trying to look on the bright side. I finally have a confirmed diagnosis of ordinary PD - not Atypical PD or "Parkinson's Plus" (which would mean a whole lot of other worries). But it's not working, I feel like crap.

I now have a month's supply of Ralnea XL (Ropinerol), and I'm back at work trying to do normal things and finding it really difficult. My boss has said if I feel bad, I should go home - but that feels a bit like giving in and won't help my mood.

Ironically this time last week I was feeling better than I had in ages. sad face

sorry to hear this tabby cat but at least you now know for sure what you are fighting and I know you understand we are all here for you and advice just ask....................

or if you prefer the people here whom run the help line are excellent

BB

Hi Tabbycat,

I'm sorry to read about how you're feeling.

You might now have new questions you'd like to ask, which I'm sure the others on this forum will be happy to help you with.

As bettyblue says you are of course also more than welcome to ring our free helpline on 0808 800 0303 (Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm) if you have any questions about any aspect of living with Parkinson's, including symptoms and treatments.

Best wishes,

Ilona.
(Moderation Team)

Thanks both.

TBH I don't have any questions (apart from "when will there be a cure?"eek). I've spent so  much of the last two years researching this illness that none of the three consultants I've seen told me anything new.

It does take a while to get your head around the diagnosis. You aren`t alone, and it will get better. The meds make a real difference.;

Good luck

Frances

yes the meds can when i am fully medicated i appear to be PD free but it does take a while to figure out correct dose. You should also make sure your consultant sees you 6 monthly without fail.

Good luck kind Regards BB.