Financial Support


I've had PD for 10years. I haven't an upstairs toilet and therefore have to go down a steep set of stairs when needed: often 3 times every night

I'm looking into the possibility of installing an upstairs toilet. 

Is there a process for providing financial support 


Hi Zatopec (bit of a runner in your day eh?)

There is a benefit called the 'Disabled Facilities Grant' that could help. You need to be referred to an Occupational Therapist to apply. They might suggest a chair lift rather that the upheaval of changing pipe work but it all depends on each individuals needs. Check out the Gov. UK. link below

Its worth a try. Good luck!



 Also a room specifically designed for your use is subject​ to a Council tax rebate.