Find me a doctor

Hi All

My sister was misdiagnosed for several years.  After being diagnosed with PD her Doctor told her he actually knows nothing about Parkinson's.  She is looking for a Doctor who is supportive and who knows what he/she is talking about when it comes to PD.  Anywhere in Bristol or South Glouc would be fine.

Here's hoping and thanks for reading.

Pheebz

Hi Pheebz,

I'm so sorry to read about your sister's experience of misdiagnosis, this must have been incredibly difficult. It might help for you or her to call our Helpline and speak to a Parkinson's nurse about her symptoms and where to go from here. Call free on 0808 800 0303 (Opening times: Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm)

Best wishes,

Joanne

(Digital team) 

Hi Joanne

Thanks for your message.  She already has a Parkinson's nurse who told her she needs to have a good relationship with her doctor.  However, her doctor has already been incompetent and so we need to find one with knowledge of Parkinson's.  I will, however, call your helpline and speak a a nurse incase they can direct us re: doctors.

Thanks

Pheebz

Pheebz.

GP's know little about Parkinsons, ask to be referred to a neurologist. IMO, she should have been referred from the outset once her GP suspected Parknsons.