first symptoms of Parkinson's ?

Good evening everyone, I am a 31-year-old man who has been experiencing urinary symptoms for four years, specifically very slow urination. Urodynamics showed detrusor hypocontractility. In neuro-urology, I was told I have perineal hypertonia, and they gave me muscle relaxants, but if it doesn’t relax, I might need to implant a sacral neuromodulator. I also suffer from hyposmia, possibly due to COVID or inflammation of the nasal septum from when I was young, as I have a deviated septum. I would like to hear your opinions. Neurological exams are all negative.

Hi M-L1,

Welcome to our community forum. We hope you’ll find your time here rewarding and informative. With regard to your question, it is extremely difficult to determine Parkinson’s from even a small set of symptoms, due to the fact that everyone experiences it differently and all symptoms do not cross over, and due to the fact that Parkinson’s shares symptoms with literally dozens of other conditions. The best bet is to trust your medical team and take each diagnosis as it comes without thinking too far ahead, as it can cause unnecessary stress.

Have a look at our website here: Parkinsons.org.uk. You may wish to start here: How is Parkinson's diagnosed? | Parkinson's UK.

Added to this, we have a free and confidential helpline on 0808 800 0303, where you can ask questions of our friendly advisors and find local resources among other provided services.

We hope this helps, and with our warmest welcome,

Jason
Forum Moderator

hank you for your response. I am in Italy and I am trying to find a specialized center for these symptoms, but I would like to understand if these symptoms could be related to Parkinson’s disease or if I am just being a hypochondriac