First time Medication

Hi all, thanks to all the messages I have received, it good to know there are people putting messages on here what I can read, I have just started my medication of 1 tab 3 times a day of Ropinirole 0.25mg for 1week then 2 tabs the second week then 3 tabs the third week, I also been given 1mg of Rasagiline to take 1 a day, any one else taking these tabs how are you feeling now, thanks in advance

Rasagaline a long term benefit med (maybe), never had any effects from it

On the other hand, Ropinirole (which works well), I had some serious side effects from once I hit 8mg daily, be careful of that one - if you start thinking you may be seeing things, suggest you speak with your doc right away

1 Like

DHP, thanks for the reply as regarding the Ropinirole in three weeks I will be taking 9 x 0.25mg which equals 2.25mg, so hopefully I’ll stay on that. I will keep it in mind what you wrote, very helpfu. Thanks again

Hi @WilliamJ,

I’m really glad to hear you’re enjoying the community so far!

If you were interested in some additional information on these drugs, we have a webpage for both Ropinirole and Rasagilene that you may find helpful.

As always, you know where to find us if you need anything. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Joy
Forum Moderation Team

1 Like

I would say rasagilene was a game changer for me, sorted my balance & walking :walking_man:‍♂ out And it’s meant to slow down parkinsons .But I personally feel better

1 Like

Gus, thank you for your comment, I will let you know in due course how I am doing only been taking my meds this is my second week.

Rasigiline a must. Ropinerole dangerous to some people as in my husband. Look in the instructions. Causes compulsive behaviour as in gambling, hyper sexuality, over eating. Dopa agonists had serious consequences for us before they knew this side effect.

1 Like