?Flu inoculation reacting with Parkinsons drugs

Two weeks ago I had a ‘flu jab’ and after about 3 days I found that I was not responding to the drugs I take for my Parkinsons and I am now only just getting back to what I call normal. Has anyone else found this reaction? I am aware that it is normal to sometimes get flu like symptoms after the jab but this wasn’t anything like that.

Had flu jab for past 8 yrs no complaints, i do know this flu jab meant to be stronger this time

Had the flu jab again this year and no problems.

Hi @Normington,

I’m sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your medication following your flu jab. Have you spoken to your GP about this? Although things have gone back to normal, I’d advise that you speak to your GP or Parkinson’s nurse about this just so they are made aware of the affects it had on your medication and so can they monitor you to be on the safe side.

If you need additional support on this, you can always give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi normington,
I know exactly where your coming from. I’ve been diagnosed with pd for 10 years, I had my first flu jab last year and with no warning had a week where drugs just didn’t work. This year thought I’d get the jab again and seemingly like yourself had a delayed reaction. It took about 4 days to react, but knocked me for about 10 days where my pd meds just didn’t work. Which was very scary, as a niggling thought in my mind was telling me maybe the meds will never work again. It also shows how much I rely on meds. It’s been 3 weeks since jab now and I wouldn’t say I’m back to how I was pre jab, but far far better than what I was. I’m thinking is it worth it?

Hi there I have had PD for 5 years and have been getting the flu jab every year with no complaints I really think that you would still be advised to get the flu. Jab ever year than being really ill with flu.