Fluoxetine for anxiety

Does anyone take fluoxetine for anxiety?

Good Morning
@LittleMixWorry
I was on fluoxetine for anxiety.
For me at the time I noticed very little difference until I was switched to venlafaxine which for me was miles better.
Later I was changed again to dualoxatine as I was in quite a lot of pain and dualoxatine is also used for foot& leg pain for people with diabetes which I don’t have but found it very good as it did both ailments however the sweating side effect that appeared after a few months became more of a problem than the anxiety.
I’m now off antidepressants as it was my GPS opinion that the original anxiety was caused by me not understanding what was happening to me and it was my tremor that made me anxious and not the other way round if that makes sense.
It’s difficult to explain.
I now just live with the tremor as I know with the benefits of hindsight that I am not frightened or worried about anything.
It’s a long process but when I first presented to the gp I looked like a patient who was having a bit of a mental meltdown…
So not a wrong diagnosis but we worked it out together, the benefits of a good gp.
Wish I could say the same for consultants.
Tommy :pill: :pill: :pill:

Hi @LittleMixWorry
I’ve just read my post again and it seems a very complicated answer to me let alone anyone else.
So in summary fluoxetine (prosac) is the right way to start any antidepressant as the side effects are minimal and after a month or so they begin to calm things down.
BONUS!
hope you feel better soon

Many thanks Tommy, so do I.

You are very welcome @LittleMixWorry
You have started the journey back to being you.
If you need to talk
We are all here for you.

Well Good Morning littlemixWorry.

How are you feeling today?

I take Duloxitine which I feel really works for me. I was oriiginally given it to help with bnck pain before I had surgery…

When the Dr was going to take me off it after surgery I explained to him how I felt on it.
It most certainly keeps my head above water and stops me sinking into that black hole. I feel that it has stopped me worrying about things that were almost certainly forefront on my mind all the time. They are still there but are now in a little box at the back of my mind with a tight lid on. I hope this doesn’t sound daft but it’s my way of explaining it.

The light at the End of the tunnel will be shining soon.

Babs x x

Yesterday I upped my voltage by 1.0 and had a fantastic day, felt bloody marvellous but dyskensia was horrendous (would rather have that than feel mentally unwell), however today so far, feel very dizzy, head buzzing and feel shite (memtally ok though). See DBS Nurse on Friday. Anyway, how are yiu!?

Hi @LittleMixWorry
Keep positive and as busy as your health allows.
It all helps.
Take care

Worked for me (as a carer) but after some months, it seemed to make me stroppy and I stopped taking it. I know PD people who are prescribed Amitriptyline, which is now apparently an less fashionable anti-anxiety drug but it seems to work well for PD patients and is also a painkiller, so perhaps your consultant might offer you that?

Thank you for that!!

Hope you are ok?

Sorry for the delay, I only visit this site once a week. Yes, I am fine, for a tired carer! I hope you are doing well. I know people who swear by Prozac (Fluoxetine) but it didn’t seem to suit me for very long and the people I know who took it did not have PD. I hope you get something sorted that suits you and find DBS settings that work well for you.