Food sensitivity

I am taking Madopar 3 x 100/25 daily.

6 months ago I started experiencing very severe gut pains 2 hours after dinner. The last bout was so bad I ended up in hospital for 5 days. (This led to a diagnosis of gallbladder trouble which was entirely separate from the gut pain which went un-diagnosed).

My assessment is that the episodes of pain coincided with my use of ground black pepper. If have no wish to test this assumption by deliberately eating pepper again as the pain is excruciating, but I would like to establish if I’m right.

Does anyone else have any similar experience?

Hi Tristan, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with gut pain. You might like to take a look at our website, which has lots of information on Parkinson’s and food/diet: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/diet

We’d also recommend you contact our Helpline, as they’re able to advise in greater detail on a range of issues affecting Parkinson’s patients. You can reach them via email at [email protected], or call free on 0808 800 0303. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and on Saturday from 10am-2pm.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team