Foot Feels Wobbly / Loose

Hi all, I’ve started getting a weird sensation. When I put my foot down it feels like the floorboards are loose and wobbling. It happens as I enter a room with my leading foot. Defo not a problem with my floorboards as it happens downstairs as well where I have solid floors. Does anyone else get this?

Hi JonJoe,

I haven’t experiences that however occasionally my one leg, when I walk, sometimes seems to stumble, as if I’ve stood on a raised area.
I simply refer to it a “a lazy leg”.

My husband does not have a wobbly foot but he does have a problem with a hip suddenly giving way. He has had an x-ray but there is nothing apparently wrong. I think there are a multitude of different ways Parkinsons can affect people.

Jonjoe what you describe has been happening to me for a couple of months. I thought my foot was sliding in my slippers but its happening with shoes. Just my left foot I feel it is giving way but it isnt! So hard to describe.

I was going to mention it to my Consultant but my appointment, for the third time, has been cancelled. I now haven’t seen my Consultant for two years. Used to be about every 8 months.

My foot gets feelings under the arch and my ankle and big toe can get sore at night but I think my problems stem from the lower back discs L1 and S1 .
I may have nerve problems from PD as well, the neurologist and PD nurse have gone missing in action and I haven’t seen them for two years :flushed: